We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

So sad today after realizing that SunWing does not have any more all inclusive deals to Santa Lucia from Winnipeg.Really enjoyed our last two years going there , very quiet, wonderful people , was planning on taking more friends and family this year due to low price and having such a great time. What would be the next best place to go for a reasonable price and more of a smaller quieter destination in Cuba of course ? Holquin ?

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

Try Brisas Guardalavaca in Holguin. Been to the resort twice and with the exception of the entertainment staff not being as good as our previous visit, we love the hotel, staff, and location. We always stay in the villas as I dont like hotel style buildings when I'm on vacation. Rooms are very large and only a couple of minute walk to the hotel. They've also done some upgrades with now having 6 a la cartes to choose from and a Havana Rum Bar (serving only Havana Rum including some very expensive bottles) on the 4th floor of the hotel, overlooking the ocean.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

Thanks will be sure to check it out

Peg city
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

Is there for sure not any packages being run ir are they just not posted online anywhere yet? I've gone the last few years to Santa Lucia and will be going again this winter, and i am from winnipeg too.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

Hi , I talked to Sunwing myself and they told me that they are not running any packages from wpg to Santa Lucia. We have also went the last two years and love it and were hoping to go this year but it doesn't look like it. They told me that all their packages have been posted online, if you look there are no packages to Santa Lucia from wpg on any airline. I am going to talk to a travel agent in Wpg and maybe they can figure out if there will be any packages to Santa Lucia . If you here anywhere that there is please let me know and I will do the same. Thks

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
756 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

Shoot. I was wondering why YWG to CMW flights/packages weren't posted yet. They always stop offering them in the off-season, but they're always back up by now. We've gone to Gran Club Santa Lucia the last two years, and were really looking forward to going again this year. This makes me upset. :(

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,596 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

it's too bad westjet doesn't pick up the slack. calgarians want to fly to santiago and santa lucia as well but sunwing et al are only interested in varadero and holguin from out west so they can fill up their planes. it also sounds like sunwing is overcomitted on cayo santa maria with all the the bad resort reviews. carol e. you'll all just have to move to the GTA. lol. carol e.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
756 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

Sunwing's Memories Azul / Paraiso complex in Cayo Santa Maria is a great facility, I have no issue with the job they're doing there. It's the airport in Santa Clara that I really don't want to deal with again.

It's the staff at Gran Club Santa Lucia that really make the difference

Matlock
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

March 2013: our family has gone to gran club in Santa Lucia for four years and very disappointed that we could not fly directly from Winnipeg this year. Sunwing has not given us an answer as to why they have discontinued the packages to Santa lucia. Every year we have gone, the planes were always full, people at the resort seemed happy and many were returning guests like us. People from the western provinces in Canada do not have direct flight options to get there. Flying to Toronto to catch a flight costs almost as much as it does to fly to Cuba so this is not feasible for young families like us! How do we voice our opinion to try and get this changed? Which other carrier can pick up this market and fly to camaguey if sunwing won't?

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
710 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

I dont know for sure but holasun seems to offer packages that way as much as Sunwing so perhaps they are a place to start???

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,946 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: No flights to Camaguey from Winnipeg :(

Nope. No package deals for the Santa Lucia resorts flying into Camagüey out of Winnipeg. BUT! If you really have your heart set on Santa Lucia, you could opt to book "flight-only" return into Cayo Coco and then travel by taxi to Santa Lucia. You can book the hotel portion through the Cubancan kiosk once you arrive in Santa Lucia to hopefully acquire a bit of a discount.

Right now, the cost for flight-only return into Cayo Coco for arrival April 06th via Air Canada is $685 all taxes in. How does that compare with the package deal prices flying into Camagüey last year from Winnipeg?

Terry

Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia
Recent Conversations