We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just gotta ask

Ottawa_ON
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just gotta ask

I have not been to the Camaguey area before. Are there any CO beaches nearby? Is topless found to be acceptable on the beach? (respectfully of course)

Thanks,

Dan

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,324 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just gotta ask

the short answer is no! the long answer is no! lol

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just gotta ask

No CO beaches, and have not seen anyone topless for about 10-15 years since the Europeans stopped coming to SL

Ottawa_ON
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just gotta ask

Sailorman,

What do you mean the "Europeans" have stopped coming? Do flights out of Europe not fly in to Camaguey anymore?

Thanks,

Dan

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just gotta ask

I am sure there are still flights to Camaguey these days, but years ago the hotels were about half German, Dutch, Belgian tourists and the rest Canadians, now only the occasional usually long term tourist, or someone on a tour. Must be price prohibitive now. Used to see the same people every winter, had some good times.

Edited: 04 January 2013, 20:20
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just gotta ask

I used to see people tanning at the beach topless and even bottomless but not as often now. In the last 2 years I have seen topless on the beach only and very discreet. We went for a walk on the beach about 2 years ago and saw a man nude.... no big deal.

You see it occasionally.

6. Re: Just gotta ask

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia
Recent Conversations