We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cholera outbreak in Havana...

Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cholera outbreak in Havana...

I'm heading to Cuba on Friday. Is there any news of cholera at Santa Lucia? I know the water is pumped in...does anyone know if its been treated??

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cholera outbreak in Havana...

There have been no reports of cholera in any of the tourist resorts.

There have been no indications that any of the water supply even in Havana has been affected.

You have nothing to worry about.

Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cholera outbreak in Havana...

Thank you so much!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cholera outbreak in Havana...

On 15 January 2013, the Cuban authorities reported 51 confirmed cases of cholera in Havana. This follows their report of an earlier outbreak which started in the east of Cuba from June to August 2012. You are strongly advised to monitor local reporting, take sensible precautions regarding water, food and personal hygiene and seek immediate medical attention if you suffer from diarrhoea. For further information visit the National Travel Health Network and Centre website. See Health.( This information is from, The Foreign and CommonWealth, Office.)...Please Give Correct Information?.

Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cholera outbreak in Havana...

Do you know where in the East of Cuba? I'm going to Santa Lucia, their water is pumped in from a Lake. I've been to Santa Lucia before, twice. I know not to drink tap water, etc.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cholera outbreak in Havana...

The east was Santiago and Manzanillo. There have been no reports from there recently.

All reports have been from cities, and there has been no indication that any visitors have been exposed.

6. Re: Cholera outbreak in Havana...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia