We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water shoes

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Water shoes

Are water shoes absolutely necessary for the beach here. I have read some reviews mention it but are these people being dramatic about needing them?

ontario
Level Contributor
266 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water shoes

There are strips of water which are fine without water shoes but can be a little rocky. I preferred them but my daughter didn't. $5 at Walmart.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,714 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water shoes

Which resort? I believe they clear the debris more in front of Brisas. Caracol likely you need water shoes, although I never use them as I am always wearing my fins. :-)

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water shoes

I pack my mini flippers and 2 pairs of water shoes every where I go in cuba. and always in santa lucia. eeefarm has better tootsies than me. lol. carol e.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,329 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water shoes

The sand is courser on the Santa Lucia Beach. If you want a dermabrasion of the feet, it's great :-) You can walk on it with bare feet, I have many times but if you are walking a long way you may like water shoes and it's recommended while walking in the water.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water shoes

You can walk the beach without water shoes, it's going in the water is where you need them. Lots of sea grass, and broken off little pieces of coral, you can tip toe around if you want to.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water shoes

I needed the water shoes while in the ocean. Lots of coral. I was OK walking the beach though.

7. Re: Water shoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia