We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kids

Caledonia, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
kids

I am looking into this resort for a family vacation. I have three daughters, 15, 13, and 11, and a 66yr old mom. Will Brisas Santa Lucia be a suitable resort? I am looking for sun, and relaxation. Nothing fancy, but clean.

Thank you!!!

Edited: 25 March 2013, 16:11
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kids

Is Santa Lucia your only option? if yes the Brisas is sure to satisfy your family!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kids

All the resorts in Santa Lucia will satisfy your needs... a couple of them have better children's clubs that I doubt you will require.

All of them have sun and relaxation.

Mayanabo has the better pool area. Brisas has the better children's club. Gran Club has nice suites on the beach. Caracol has the coral garden right off their beach but anyone can swim at any beach and all are within walking distance of each other. Mayanabo and Caracol are the 2 smaller resorts. Brisas and Gran Club the 2 larger ones. None of the resorts are "huge". All have great staff !!!

Enjoy your holiday.

Edited: 26 March 2013, 23:02
Caledonia, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: kids

Thanks for responses!!

I don't need them for young, young kids. My daughters are 15, 13 and 11. I am just hoping that there will be enough for them to do there.

I completely enjoy the lay on a beach, and do nothing vacation....and I'm sure they will be fine with the ocean and the pools, but it's better to be safe, than sorry.

They aren't ones for excursions....one gets motion sick....my mom is the one who will get bored and will want cultural excursions!!!! She won't just lay and read or nothing.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kids

Your Mum may enjoy the Colonial Camaguey tour :-)

I would also recommend a horse and buggy tour around the area. If you venture to Coco beach... the one that gets motion sickness may not be thrilled with the ride. The road is very bumpy and it's about 8 km's.

If the 15 yr old looks older than 15, she may get served, not that she would take it or ask for it but just a warning lol.

Because the beach in Santa Lucia is protected by a large reef, you don't get the jelly fish problem and strong currents and waves that can occur on open water beaches. There is only 1 pool at Brisas and in my opinion it's a bit small if the resort is full but it's still very nice.

The girls will likely enjoy the cabaret shows that are on in the evenings. Feel free to wander in to all the properties. They don't mind at all and it's a fun way to souvenir shop !!!

I hope you have a fabulous holiday and great weather :-)

Caledonia, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: kids

Thanks for the response!!! Oh man! My 15yr old looks 20! I didn't even THINK about that!!!! Scary! Too bad they didn't have an underage bracelet.

It sounds like a great place to unwind....nothing huge, nothing opulent. Sounds amazing.....a clean bed, and a beach, and at least a few things to chose from to eat....pasta, pizza (that's for me who'd picky not even the kids!!! lol)

London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kids

They also have a little train that will take you on a tour of the Santa Lucia area as well. When I was there in Jan it was 5 CUC's each. I remember when it was free LOL. It's a nice little tour but the horse and buggy is fun and the girls may enjoy it and your Mum too. If you don't want to be crowded you could hire 2 and follow each other. It's a wonderful way to get some nice pictures.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kids

They do have an underage bracelet fo the kids. We are just back from Mayanabo, Brisas had the most kids and families, I think they will enjoy it..

8. Re: kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 06:17