We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where are all the santa lucians?

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,339 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
where are all the santa lucians?

for all of you who've kept in touch, written reviews and updated us with pictures and news, many thanks. how about some current information? prices have been good this autumn and changes are ongoing. we're hearing from staff on a monthly basis as we can not travel this year due to serious health issues. carol e. and the grumpster.

Kingston, Ontario...
Level Contributor
300 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where are all the santa lucians?

I'll be heading back in November for a couple of weeks, once Mayanabo re-opens. I'll be sure to write a review when I get back. I've had a few messages from friends/family down there, and all seems well, though quiet.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: where are all the santa lucians?

I'll be doing a weekend as a 'walk-on' at the Brisas in October. Hopefully the weather settles down by then. I've heard Camagüey has been getting an abnormal amount of rain every afternoon/evening lately.

Carol, I hope the health issues you spoke of are resolved soon and you're both able to be back to Santa Lucia where you belong.

Terry

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where are all the santa lucians?

Carol, I hope you are both feeling better soon. Hugs!!

As for Mayanabo ... when the hotel opens back up there will be a few changes. The lobby bar is supposed to be open until 2:30 am as well as the "piano bar". They are extending and changing the "piano bar" and there will be two areas to listen to the bands. They used to have a small band playing in front of the lobby bar for those who don't want to sit in the piano bar. They are bringing back the blonde female lead singer from the band that was there 5 years ago to sing in 1 of the bars. I think that would be the girl from Acheré or possibly the one from Giron but I think it will the girl from Acheré. They are hoping to have all of building 2 renovated and they are working on restoring the "children's centre ".

Much of the staff are painting and helping with the renos.

Remember this is what's going on right now, it can change tomorrow.....

Edited: 18 September 2013, 14:00
4. Re: where are all the santa lucians?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia
Recent Conversations