We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cubana Airlines, Santa Lucia and VIA Flights???

Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cubana Airlines, Santa Lucia and VIA Flights???

HI there...so I nailed down a hotel! Club Amigo Caracol, through advice from the Great people here on Tripadvisor! However, I need to ask once again for the experts help. Good stories, bad Stories are all welcome here. Just gathering some info on Cubana airlines.

So my flight leaves Toronto...and my travel info says I arrive Cameguay...VIA VARADERO. Just looking for a little clarification on this. The travel agent thinks it means refueling, then flight goes to my destination. Do I stay on board? Shold I slap a Huge CAMEGUAY on my suitcase if other people get off in Varadero so I dont lose luggage?

Cubana Airlines....snacks or meal on plane? Coffee?Pop,etc? Purchase drinks on plane with Cash? Debit?Visa?Etc.

Any info or experiences would be most helpful! Thankyou!!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cubana Airlines, Santa Lucia and VIA Flights???

It's been my experience that stops on the way mean they are letting people off for that destination. Over the years we have had to stop in Cienfuegos, Holguin and Cayo Coco to let passengers off. The only time we had to get off for 30 minutes was when they cleaned the plane in Cienfuegos and then went on to Camaguey. Apart from that 1 time we stayed on board.

If it makes you feel better by all means slap a big old Camaguey on your case ;-). There have been a few occasions that luggage ended up at the wrong destination BUT the 4 times I know about, it happened during the loading in Toronto. Wrong plane..lol.

Last time I flew Cubana was Jan 2013, Toronto to Camaguey. We did have a small meal on the plane and a drink. If you are concerned you could buy something at the airport departure area and carry it on board :-). It's a short flight.

Once you land you can buy beer at the airport lol.

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,531 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cubana Airlines, Santa Lucia and VIA Flights???

the meal is basic but enough. no movie or one in Spanish. take a good book, buy a timmie's sandwich if you like. you'll get a good look at the coast stopping in varadero. doubt you'll get off. probably might pick a few returning home thru camaguey. we only disembarked in Havana once in nearly 30 trips. luggage stayed on, we lugged the carryons. staff is good. practice your Spanish! don't know about drinks these day. we got wine and Cuban coffee but that was cubana/taca. have a great trip and don't feed my fishies. please! carol e.

Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cubana Airlines, Santa Lucia and VIA Flights???

Thanks for the info... and carol i wont...promise. tell me where they are and ill post a pic for u when i get back! ;)

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,531 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cubana Airlines, Santa Lucia and VIA Flights???

thank you! go out to the farthest caracol buoy. in low tide you can easily walk to the coral garden. please don't stomp on the coral or scare my fishies. if you are very tranquillo they will swim to you. you don't need flippers either. I don't even bring mine anymore as I just float and take pics. have a great time. carol e. there's a shallow area off the a la carte that used to be our office. just off shore and easily gotten to.

Level Contributor
112 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cubana Airlines, Santa Lucia and VIA Flights???

Hi Nurse Gina,

One time we deplaned at Varadero, another we didn't so who knows. Call Cubana and ask them.Pretty good shopping at the Varadero airport if you are put off in that area.

6. Re: Cubana Airlines, Santa Lucia and VIA Flights???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia