We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

and the winner was...

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,718 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
and the winner was...

whoever said rash was the closest. so I owe you a cuba libre at caracol in the autumn. had a terrific holiday at caracol. got on the plane to come home and immediately broke out in blisters! shingles again. not so bad as 3 years ago. maybe I need a new body, or it was the stress of leaving cuba, or the full moon. in any event the thread was just my fun way of gently reminding you to take care! carol e.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: and the winner was...

Thanks for posting the answer cubacarol. It's so unsatisfying when you don't hear the answer to a question :)

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,815 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: and the winner was...

Oh Carol … How terrible! Have you had the vaccination (Zostavax®)?

Go to the drug store & get some “Redoxon B”. It’s a great booster of vitamin B complex, which will help your skin heal. Plus … the effervescent tablets give a little pick-me-up too!!!

Take care.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: and the winner was...

Wasn't I close when I said "cooties."

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,718 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: and the winner was...

only ssssnakes get cooties!!!!! lol. carol e. and I am investigating the vaccination as I now know it can return anytime.

Gatineau, Québec
Level Contributor
308 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: and the winner was...

Carol, Sorry to hear, Shingles is so painful, my brother had a bout with it when he was going through some stressful times. Not the best way to end a trip to Cuba.

Take care and hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm off to Cayo Santa Maria for the first time at the end of June....

R

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: and the winner was...

R my son and his girlfriend were in Cayo Santa Maria in Dec. They stayed at the Eurostar and loved it !!!

Have a relaxing trip and Enjoy ;-)

--W

7. Re: and the winner was...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:17