We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radda or Castellina?

san diego
Level Contributor
203 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Radda or Castellina?

We are staying 3 nights in tuscan countryside and can't decide between Radda or Castellina...

we've been recommended: Piazza Leopoldo in Radda,

Relais Vignale in Radda, Hotel Squaarcialuipi and Hotel Salaivolpi....HELP!

Have you stayed at any of these places and which would YOU choose?

We plan to use car for day trips to VOlterra, San g,

SIena having driven north from Chiusi thru Montalcino/Piensa area.We'll drop car once in Florence for 3 more nights.

We'll be there in late October.

Love to hear which place is preferred from locals or frequent visitors to Tuscany.

thanks so much!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Radda or Castellina?

We have stayed at the Palazzo Squarcialupi twice and it is one of our favorite places to stay in Tuscany. As for Radda or Castellina I found Castellina a bit more easy to get in and out to the major roads.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radda or Castellina?

You should definitely visit both towns. We stayed in a villa outside of Radda and found the town to be our favorite in Chianti but it depends on what you are looking for. It is smaller than Castellina. Radda had some fantastic restaurants but I believe Castellina does also. Tough decision, they were both amazing towns. I don't think you will be disappointed either way.

Kristi

New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Radda or Castellina?

I agree...definitely visit both villages, and you won't be disappointed by staying in one as opposed to the other. If you want to add more confusion, check out La Locanda (near Radda), just outside the village of Volpaia...we loved it...and then you will be kind of in between Catellina and Radda...

4. Re: Radda or Castellina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 21:15