We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ceramic pepper grinders

Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Topic
Ceramic pepper grinders

When we were in Radda in Chianti in May we found a small shop that sold ceramic pepper grinders with hand painted scenes of the chianti region. They also had olive oil jars and other items with this same design (trees, hills, vinyards, etc). I have been trying to discover a way to contact this shop to see if we could purchase one of these items, but have been unsuccesful so far. Does anyone have a way for us to contact this shop? I would appreciate any help anyone could give.

Thank you.

Virginia Sohn

midwest
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ceramic pepper grinders

hi virginia,

i live outside of radda off and on (depending on my tour group schedule). my sister is currently living and working in radda.

i know the village quite well, but if you could give me an idea of where the shop is located, i might be able to help you.

ciao,

davi mondt lowman

delafield, WI
Level Contributor
17 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ceramic pepper grinders

I am also trying to contact a ceramic shop in Radda. A wine tour bus dropped us off at the beginning of the main street. We walked up the street, not too far, and found a ceramic shop on the right hand side of the street. I bought an olive oil ceramic bottle about 6 inches tall with a silver removable spout. On the bottom of the ceramic bottle it says Fatto A Mano Italy and then there is a signature that is hard to read. It looks like. Bzo (i?).

Thank you,

Susan

midwest
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ceramic pepper grinders

hi susan,

most likely, you visited "techo casa" where they have all sorts of ceramic items such as you mentioned. i am not sure they have a web site as they are local people.

USA
Level Contributor
765 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ceramic pepper grinders

I can't help you with the shop in Radda, but I can give you the name of the shop/studio in Deruta where my ceramic pepper grinders were made: google 'Gialletti Giulio Deruta' and you will find their website. I don't see pepper grinders there, but if you email them, perhaps they can send you pictures.

We have bought several things from them in Deruta, but we found the two we purchased in a shop in Siena....ten-inch pepper grinders are beautiful.

5. Re: Ceramic pepper grinders

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 15:15