We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to village of Koh Krolor

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
70 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to village of Koh Krolor

Hi - can anyone let me know how far away Koh Krolor is from Battambang - and what transport would there be for this? Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Manchester...
Level Contributor
18 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to village of Koh Krolor

Hello, did you ever get a reply to this post and/or did you visit Koh Krolor.

We sponsor a child and the community there through World Vision and we are planning a trip to Cambodia which will take us to Anka Wat, but I can't find Koh Krolor on a map to see how far away it is.

I was going to contact World Vision to ask if it was possible or allowed and because I saw your post when I googled the name I thought I'd ask.

Any info would be great

Annmarie

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,494 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to village of Koh Krolor

Koh Kralar also Romanised on maps as Koas Krala is an administrative district of Battambang province and is circa 35 kilometres south of Battambang city and is to the west of National Road number 5.. Access would be by Taxi.

I trust that this helps you both somewhat.

Best regards. Ian

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to village of Koh Krolor

Annmarie, you will have to contact World Vision to organsise the visit to your child. We did a visit to ours back in 2009 and it was an amazing day and well worth all the efforts.

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
70 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to village of Koh Krolor

Hello angkorlad, just came upon your reply, that is useful info, thank you. I will have to go through world vision to arrange an actual visit, however I was also looking to plan the rest of our time over there. Regards

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to village of Koh Krolor

Hi there, Did you get to Cambodia this year? I"m planning to go next year and wondered what else to do whilst in Cambodia... any suggestions re what /what NOT to do? I notice you're fae Aberdeenshire.. farraboots? I've moved over to Oz from just south of Elgin so am going from Perth WA :)

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
70 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to village of Koh Krolor

Hi Wendy C - we went to Vietnam in Sept 2015, but going to Cambodia in Nov '16 - all booked, just to decide on what we do... not sure what we should NOT be doing, yet ha ha ... will have to review TA...!

Thinking of Angkor Wat, Siem Reap tour, cycling, vespa adventure, a day to travel to my sponsor child via World Vision.

Boat trip down to Phnom Penh, quad adventure, temples, floating village/tonie sap lake via kayak, museum & killing field, then some days at a beach before heading home ... I'm from Alford ... you been in Australia for a wee whiley?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling to village of Koh Krolor

Hi there, Been in Perth just over 2 years now and loving it! :) Flights booked and the stop over in Singapore planned for the return trip. Trying to decide on what to do and how much I can feasibly fit in to the few days I have in Cambodia. Everyone I've spoken to says the people are wonderfully welcoming. You have to learn to play rock/paper/scissors with the children begging in PP. If you lose you buy one of their friendship bracelets - and you always lose!!! ;) I'll give you an update once I've been in April...

Cheerio the noo!!

Reply to: Travelling to village of Koh Krolor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Battambang Province