We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

possible to do Siem Rep and PP in 3 days from Bangkok?

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
229 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
possible to do Siem Rep and PP in 3 days from Bangkok?

I was planning to go straight from BKK to Luang Prabang and save Cambodia for when I have more time. But after discussions with other travelers, I'm starting to reconsider a quick side trip. In Siem Rep, I would see the temples for one full and one half day. In PP, I am mostly interested in visiting Choeung Ek to pay respects. I know it would be a whirlwind but is it possible to do this trip without spending all my time in transit?

Day 1: morning fly Bangkok to PP (9am arrival) - afternoon visit to Choeung Ek

Day 2: morning to SR (by bus??) - afternoon visit to Angor Wat

Day 3: morning visit Angor Wat - afternoon fly to Luang Prabang (5pm flight)

Seems like a lot as I type it but wouldn't want to skip PP. Thanks!

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,994 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: possible to do Siem Rep and PP in 3 days from Bangkok?

I think it's way too much in too short a time. We spent 2 nights and one day in PP, and 3 nights, 2 full days in SR and that was way too little to do justice to either. It takes a most of a day to get from PP to SR. You will also be extremely frustrated just having a morning to see the temples. I would fly to SR and spend all the time there. Save PP for another trip.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,191 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: possible to do Siem Rep and PP in 3 days from Bangkok?

Agree with Telly ... fly to SR and spend your time there or better still add those 3 days back onto your Loas itinerary and save Cambodia for a time when you can give it 10 days +

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: possible to do Siem Rep and PP in 3 days from Bangkok?

If all you're interested in doing is ticking off boxes, then yes it can be done. but if you really want to SEE Cambodia come back when you can give the place more time.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
229 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: possible to do Siem Rep and PP in 3 days from Bangkok?

Thanks all - what you say makes sense. I'm adding extra to Laos.

5. Re: possible to do Siem Rep and PP in 3 days from Bangkok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:20