We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

Cary NC
Level Contributor
99 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help

I am planning a 2 week trip and there are so many places in Europe I want to see, that I need help deciding where to go. I will be flying into Budapest and spending 4-5 days there, and I will be ending the vacation in Prague where we will spend 5 days. I would like to add a destination in between for 3-4 days, but simply can't decide where to go. We have considered Krakow or Vienna, but are open to other suggestions. We love great food and wine (or beer), castles, interesting buildings and architecture, quaint cobblestone streets, historic sights. We are not big fans of museums. I am open to all suggestions!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help

Five days is a long time to spend in Prague. You might want to consider what is east of Budapest. Are you driving, busing or taking the train?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k4864…

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,375 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help

Hello luv2travelCaryNC

After you describing your likes and wants I would say Krakow charming city center its castle some wonderful architecture and plenty of history. Loaded with good food and drink too.

Or another possibility would be possibly drop a day off Praha and make time for a stopover in the nice Czech rep. town of Brno as you make your way towards Krakow from Budapest thus giving you a taste and feel of the Czech Rep. other than just Prague. See here:

praguepost.com/travel2/…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274714-i1153-k655…

Good luck with your planning and research and enjoy your trip

SEBESZ

Cary NC
Level Contributor
99 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help

We will be traveling via train. Another option that might be a possibility rather than trying to find a destination in between Prague and Budapest would be to use Budapest as a "base" for a full week and and then head directly to Prague and use it as a "base for a full week. We have free accommodations lined up in both. Then we could l a couple day trips or even an overnight trip out of each. That way we could pack light for the overnight trips and could see a couple destinations in any direction of Budapest and Prague. Oh... so many different ways to do it!! I wish I had longer and could see EVERYTHING!!! I very much appreciate the suggestions and help.

4. Re: Itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 14:15