We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

august - where to stay south lake garda

Dublin
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
august - where to stay south lake garda

Hi

we are a family of 4, two kids aged 6 and 8 looking for accommodation in the south lake Garda area for the last 2 weeks in august. Everything seems so pricey. I am hard pushed to find anything less than €2000 in a good location convenient to lake and maybe not requiring the use of a car, ideally with a pool or close to one. Am I asking too much?!

Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,203 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: august - where to stay south lake garda

Hi, August is the busiest time at Lake Garda and therefore the most expensive. What kind of accommodation are you looking for - hotel (one quadruple room?), B&B, campsite (many campsites have bungalows), apartment/residence?

You can try www.booking.com or www.venere.com for your specific dates to see what comes up as available.

Let us know if you need advice about locations etc.

Dublin
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: august - where to stay south lake garda

I guess not so fussy on the type of accommodation, more interested in the location of it. so garda, bordolino, sirmione, garda, Torri del Benaco, Lazise I was investigating. Would like to be near restaurants and somewhere relatively picturesque and not too far from gardaland...

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,203 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: august - where to stay south lake garda

To be honest I wouldn't recommend Sirmione itself as a place to stay in August as it will be unbelievably busy, but further down the peninsula in Colombare may be better. As an example, the Garda Village may be suitable:

http://www.gardavillage.it/en

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187842-d5836…

Torri del Benaco is a lovely town but has very few passenger boats compared with other places. For two weeks you may find that quite frustrating.

Garda, Bardolino and Lazise are all good choices but you can also consider Peschiera at the south-east of the lake. There are free buses from Peschiera to Gardaland, and the town also has a train station on the Milan/Verona/Venice line.

You can use www.booking.com and narrow down your choices by date and price. You can search for all of Lake Garda or by each town individually.

Just a suggestion but with two weeks you could split the time and have a week at the north of the lake and a week in the south.

Dublin
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: august - where to stay south lake garda

Thanks for your insights..it looks like it would be easier to find availability for one week somewhere rather than 2. so if we were to consider going to the north side of the lake for the second week, where would the good spots be there (same criteria as before).

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,354 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: august - where to stay south lake garda

Have you looked at Peschiera del Garda, there appears to quite a bit of availability for the end of August within your price range. Use www.booking .com as a search tool but always check directly with hotels etc. to get the best prices.

In the north you could look at Riva del Garda or maybe you will find better oriced accommodation in nearby Torbole.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
392 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: august - where to stay south lake garda

I've stayed at Camping Fornella, near Salo, with my family - we rented a decent static caravan and the children had a great time. Campsite restaurant was right on the lakeside and the swimming pool complex was good. would really need a car, though.

7. Re: august - where to stay south lake garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Province of Verona