We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday bus pass

Rushden, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Holiday bus pass

Hiya, I've been scouring the forums for a while now and have gained some invaluable information for my upcoming trip to Verona and Lake Garda this summer. I can't seem to find anything on this topic though hence my first post now. I have read about a new holiday travel pass atv are offering for the buses, including the aerobus and opera bus that can be bought for 1 day, 3 days or a week. There is a flyer of sorts on the atv site that says the bus is valid for x days after the time of printing. Just wondered if anybody has used this or knows whether this would be 7 full days e.g. Up until the time of purchase 7 days later or whether it would be 7 days e.g mon-sun regardless of time of day bought? We are in Italy for 10 days in total, the first 2 nights in Verona then 8 at Lake Garda, so I am just trying to work out which day to buy the travel pass on to get maximum value, or even whether to buy a 7 and 3 day pass. Any help much appreciated-the link to the info on the ticket is here in case it is also useful for anybody else (hope it works as I'm not too sure ok posting links)

…verona.it/flex/…652

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,236 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday bus pass

Hi, I think you're the first person to mention the new travel pass! I haven't seen any other references to it yet.

It's not clear whether it's valid for a full seven days from purchase. It sounds like a good deal but it depends how often you would be using the buses, where you are staying at Lake Garda and if you would be using the bus to travel from Verona to the lake.

As it's on the ATV Verona site I would think it may only be valid for the Veneto region but I stand to be corrected. Looking at the link, the only places you can buy it at the lake are in the Veneto region, i.e. the eastern shore towns from Peschiera to Malcesine. Whether it's valid in the areas of the lake that are in Lombardy and Trentino is something you would need to check. Having said that, the usual bus from Verona up the east side of the lake includes Riva and Torbole which are in Trentino.

As a comparison, the cost of an individual journey on the bus from Verona all the way to Riva is €5.80.

BTW, if you are staying in the centre of Verona for your two nights it's unlikely that you would need to use buses as it's such a compact city and all the major sites are walkable.

Rushden, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday bus pass

I thought so as I couldn't see it mentioned in other posts! Thanks for that-I certainly hadn't considered that it may not be valid in the other regions that the lake is in, think that would change my mind on whether it was worth it. We were hoping to see an opera and use the opera bus and also will be using public transport to get to our hotel in bardolino, so for these reasons alone it was almost worth it. Unfortunately as we are going to be in Italy for 10 days we couldn't use it for the trip both to and from the airport unless we bought a 7 day and 3 day pass-not necessarily worth it I think as like you mentioned I doubt we will use it in verona at the beginning of our trip. I think if we bought it then it would be for the last 7 days of our trip to include an opera visit, I would just have to check the length of validity to make sure it covered the trip to the airport before buying as also where on the lake I can travel with it! I was hoping to visit malecesine, riva or limone, maybe sirmione and then garda and lazise although I am aware I could walk to these along the lakeside-from lazise I really wanted to get the bus to cola di terme too so will probably use them a fair bit! Do any of these towns come into areas not Veneto? I presume the more northern ones do?

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday bus pass

You really would have to use the buses around the lake a lot to benefit from the passes as the fares are so cheap. From Bardolino to Verona is €4 and €8 for the return bus after the opera. The shuttle bus from Verona to the airport is included in the pass and there is also a new service between the airport and Garda, no. 164 on the timetable

…verona.it/flex/…3D743

Riva, Limone and Sirmione are out of the ATV Verona area and would all require two bus services. As you say you can walk along the lakeside path to Lazise in just over one hour or Peschiera del Garda in around 3 hours.

The bus fare to Lazise is €1.30 and to Peschiera €2.

Rushden, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday bus pass

Thanks for your reply, I might have to do my sums but I suspect it may not be worth it after all then. A shame really as it would have made things a little easier not having to buy tickets each time etc. I had looked at fares for the shuttle bus and then bus to/from bardolino, but with this new route directly from the airport I don't suppose you know the fare at all? I find the tarrif/fare system a little complicated and I'm not sure if I've got it correct or not! Many thanks.

Rushden, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday bus pass

Just an update in case it is useful to anybody else travelling I emailed atv to ask about the bus pass. Their reply is here:

1) 7 days ticket means that it is valid from the day of validation on board until the 7th following day (eg.: if a ticket is validated on monday, it is valid until the last ride of the following sunday).

2) Is it valid on all ATV bus services, including Riva del Garda (travelling on the east coast of the lake). Travels on the west coast of the lake Garda are managed by Trasporti Brescia Nord (SAIA).

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,236 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday bus pass

Thanks for the update! It will be useful for anyone else wondering about using the bus pass.

7. Re: Holiday bus pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Province of Verona