We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DusitThani Laguna Phuket

india
Level Contributor
46 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
DusitThani Laguna Phuket

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how far is the Dusit thani laguna from Patong and other shopping areas?

Is it a problem to get there or does anyone know if the hotel runs a shuttle there??

Thanks

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DusitThani Laguna Phuket

We stayed at the Outrigger which is in the laguna area also. It's about 30-40 min into Patong. The distance actually became a bit of a pain for us, but that's because we wanted to be able to walk out and get massages, and shopping, and a variety of resturants. There is canal village and other resorts which you can go to by a little paddle boat thing, but canal village is a small upmarket group of shops.

On the other hand, if you just want to relax and sit by a pool, this area would be fine.

As much as we thought the area was nice, next time we will be staying closer to Patong. We feel as though we missed out on a bit, even though we a few trips into Patong.

Happy holidays.

india
Level Contributor
46 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DusitThani Laguna Phuket

Thanks Evomal,

At least that tells me it is quite far!

Now if the hotel had shuttles that would be a different thing, or then I think I would go with the amari coral Patong.

Thanks

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DusitThani Laguna Phuket

our hotel only hada shuttle to canal village. I highly doubt the DUTIN would have a shuttle topatong, but it's worth checking with the hotel direct.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: DusitThani Laguna Phuket

The Dusit is about a two minute walk to Canal Village. There are quite a few restaurants, bars, bakeries, massage places, mini-markets within a 5-8 minute walk to the entrance of the Laguna Resorts complex. The Outrigger is some distance away - from the main part of the Laguna Resorts, so not really comparable to the main area.

Taxis wait right out front of the Dusit if you wish to go into Patong. However, there is a lively beachfront scene these days on BangTao Beach and you need only walk out that side of the Dusit and go right or left for various beach clubs, restaurants and more.

What's more - the little town of Cherng Talay is an easy walk and it is a real Thai town - not a tourist hoard like Patong. More good restaurants, daily markets in either Cherng Talay or neighboring Bang Tao. For market locations and days:

phuketgoldcoast.com/BangTao_CherngTalay_Nigh…

You can spend your whole vacation in that area and I believe have a much better experience than hanging out in Patong. But - just my opinion.

Edited: 24 July 2012, 22:02
Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DusitThani Laguna Phuket

If you are planning on visiting Patong often then I would book a hotel nearer, for me it's too distant to have to travel back and forth every night.

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DusitThani Laguna Phuket

I agree with Chrella.

Yes the outrigger is a little away from the main area of the Laguna, probably about 5 min by shuttle. There were taxi's outide the Laguna but we had a driver.

Didn't see any massage places, but maybe they were tucked away.

I only saw two restaurants at canal village, one we had lunch at and the other we had a drink at .Although you can eat at the other hotels restaurants and charge them back to your room, but that is always the expensive way.

As for the village cloe by, I can't really comment on that.

Patong is Patong, and it depends what you would like out of your holiday.

Best wishes with whateveryou decide.

7. Re: DusitThani Laguna Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Bang Tao Beach