We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Quality Banktao Beach

Which Bang Tao Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
407 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Water Quality Banktao Beach

We are booked into a hotel at the south end of Bangtao beach for late January, but I have come across a few local media reports that the beach in that area has had pollution problems that were to be addressed this past summer by dredging and cleaning up a canal and by taking action against polluters.

Does anyone know if this has been done, and what the results were?

cairns
Level Contributor
519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Quality Banktao Beach

What Hotel are you staying at ,when we stayed we had no problems with the water at the beach it was quite clear

Ottawa
Level Contributor
407 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Quality Banktao Beach

Arinara, formerly the Dalar at the southern end of the beach. .

In the case of water, clear does not mean clean or safe.

I know that this past September the authorities started testing the water all along the coast. While I found news that one of the beaches south of Bangtao passed, I have yet to find info for Bangtao itself.

3. Re: Water Quality Banktao Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:16