We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

Hi,

Is it easy to get to Phang Nga Bay from Bang Tao? Would you take a boat or the road then a boat?

Thank you,

Aaron

South Pole
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

We did a Phang Nga tour whilst staying at Bang Tao bay, and it was very easy and well managed. If you take a tour, they will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to the boat on the other side of the island. You may be able to take a boat directly from Bang Tao bay, but we did not explore this option. I think it would have been more expensive. We booked the tour in Patong when we were there, but there are tour agents in the Laguna area. Not sure how competitive they are, but they will be cheaper than your hotel.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

Thank you, we still haven't decided on hotels yet. Got a few other options to look at first, but now I know there are tours from the Bang Tao area :-)

Cheers.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

Another question - what about Khao Lak getting to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay? I've looked on Google Maps and Patong is 108 KM away.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

Khao Lak to Phi Phi is a long jurney even if the boat departure from phuket town instead of chalong. When you go out into phang nga you are "there in the stunning surrondings already" to phi phi you have to cross open sea to come to Phi Phi.

you will get more quality time if go for a phang nga tour.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

Hmmm ok, I'd like to see Phi Phi island as a one day tour, and then see James Bond Island as a one day tour. The hotel we are looking at the moment is in Khao Lak. As it's a package holiday twin centre we can only select certain hotels to be combined with the hotel in Koh Samui.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

I've been looking at different types of Phuket tours for a few months now preparing for our very first Phuket trip in August. I don't know if you would be interested but I found this 1 day tour from JC Tours wherein you can visit Phi Phi and Phang Nga in just 1 day but it is extremely pricey unless you will be going with a group. Not sure how the trip is but from what I have seen in TA the company has been getting good reviews this year. Thus, me and my friend decided to book their Phang Nga Bay tour. Here's the link to their Phi Phi+Phang nga bay tour: jctour-phuket.com/aroundtheclock/program.php

Edited: 23 July 2014, 05:15
Phuket
Level Contributor
869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

I can't imagine what a Phang Nga AND Phi Phi tour would be like. Reminds me of the Chinese coaches we used to see outside Buckingham Palace on their whistle-stop "Europe Tour". I think they got about 10 minutes to cover London haha!

Khao Lak to a Phang Nga bay tour is just about doable I reckon, but still a lot of travelling. But Khao Lak to Phi Phi would be way too long. If you really must do both the trips from Khao Lak, you'd be better getting a cheap hotel for the night in between.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

Haha so it's looking pretty long. Excuse my ignorance but Phi Phi is off the south east coast of Phuket isn't it? And is James Bond island in the north east corner (Phang Nga Bay?) And you can't actually get off, you just sail past it?

We wouldn't do both tours on the same day I just wanted to know if it was viable from Khao Lak because at the moment that hotel is looking the most promising.

Thank you,

South Pole
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

You can get off at James Bond island. It's a bit of a tourist trap, but we all want a photo of 'the rock' in the palm of our hand. But if staying in Khao Lak, surely you'd go to the Similians instead of phi phi ?

Hey Raymond, Phi Phi and Phang Nga bay in one day is too much, imo. Plus, on that tour, it seems you won't get to paddle thru the hongs themselves, just go around the island. Paddling thru the hongs was pretty cool, but even if you didn't, the scenery all around is worth seeing.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bang Tao to Phang Nga Bay

I've looked at Similians and yes I would do that too on a different day. I just think Phi Phi is must, yes very touristy but I like it. Anything for a photo :-) When it actually gets booked, I'll post an itinerary then you can help me steer in the right direction. I would prefer to stay in Phuket / Patong area but you can only pair up certain hotels on the twin centre with the package holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Bang Tao Beach