We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERC Restaurants

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
ERC Restaurants

We're planning on booking ERC for our honeymoon in September.

I was reading a review that was recently posted saying that they had to wait 1 - 2 hours to get into restaurants at ERC. Is this always the case? I was leaning towards ERC over other places in the area because it seemed like most places you have to make reservations and how quickly they fill up. We are arriving on Weds and thought we'd have no chance of getting in anywhere with a setup like that. So ERC was an even better choice since there are no ressies.

But the waiting time worries me. We usually like to eat between 8p and 9p. Would the dinner rush be over by then?

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERC Restaurants

My husband and I spent our honeymoon there in January and the only restaurant where we had to wait was Chez Isabelle, they told us the wait would be 30 minutes, we only waited maybe 15 min. There is a bar right outside that restaurant so we just sat out there and had a drink. If there is a wait the restaurant will give you a beeper. If it is just you and your husband then they usually don't have a hard time finding a table for two.

Go and enjoy. You will love the resort. I didn't want to come home.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ERC Restaurants

Thanks so much! You really put my mind at ease. :)

Denton, North...
Level Contributor
695 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ERC Restaurants

I agree, the french rest seems to be the busiest and they do give beepers which is great. But if you see that the wait is longer than you want then just plan to hit that one up another night.

As for the time you ahve speciifed it shouldnt be a problem, but I have read that the french rest takes a while to get through the courses so you may be want to get there earlier so you dont miss shows etc.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ERC Restaurants

Do you remember what type of French food they serve? Do they offer french wine with dinner?

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ERC Restaurants

I believe you will find a longer wait for earlier times between 6-8 pm. Really the French and Japanese were the only places that had wait times of more than 30 minutes. They are small in size and the courses are long in the French and the Hibatchi tables take a long time too. These are the only two you are going to find longer waits at. Doubt you will have big problems anywhere else especially with later dining times.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ERC Restaurants

We went to the french restaurant twice, first time we had Chateaubriand - so tender - it was beautiful. But two people have to order it. Try it, you'll love it. The second time I had a chicken dish that was to die for. As you can tell I love to eat!!!!

Wines - there are about 5 red and 5 white wines that are part of the inclusive package. Anything other than that you have to pay for. I drank a red Chilean wine while I was there that was quite good.

CLEVELAND, OH
Level Contributor
328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ERC Restaurants

Lorajae:

what other places that cater to couples and honeymoons besides Royal Hideaway & El Dorado Royale do you even have to make reservations?

Any Palace Resorts - no reservations needed

Secrets Capri - No reservations needed

RIU Palaces - need reservation for ala-cartes, but there is an system to make them on a daily basis

I

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
390 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ERC Restaurants

We just returned and never waited more than 15 minutes, although we heard some people had to wait 1 1/2 hours (mostly at the French restaurant) We ate at 7-7:30 every night and no one was in the place when we arrived--it was getting busy by the time we were finished eating--I think that is when the wait starts--

9. Re: ERC Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 15:20