We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

We just got back from ERC and had Excellent vacation. If anyone has any question I would gladly answer them. I will post trip report later in the week.

Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

So glad you offered !!! I have a couple of questions:

What room were you in ?

It seemed like there is a bicycle trip into Puerto Morelos . . did you see that, and/or did you take part in it?

Did you snorkel at all ?

How did you arrange transportation to the resort?

THANKS so much in advance !!!! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time.

NY
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

Lori,

We were in the spa room in building 3 on the 3rd floor. I think building 2 or 1 is a little better location( less walking) but definitely request higher floor, its a lot quieter. Also we did not get a chance to check out the excellence room but we did check out the swim out room and my opinion that our room was better and bigger, the only difference is that it has additional jacuzzi outside, but I thought it was not really useful.

They do provide bicycle trip into Puerto Morelos couple of times a week, we did not participate but it looked like other couples had great time.

The transportation was included in your hotel package, and we were happy with it.

We did not snorkel but I did see some people doing though I do not know if they were satisfied with it.

new york
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

glad to hear you had a great time!!!

the bicycle idea is interesting....were these like tours arranged by the resort that a bunch of couples went on? i think i would be interested in maybe renting a bike from the resort and going down to PM on our own rather than with a group. do you happen to know if this is possible? maybe it would be smarter just to walk becasue what are we going to do with the bikes once we get to PM anyway, right?

thnaks!

NY
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

I do not know much about the bike tour cause we did not do it, but the resort is so accomedating that if you decide to do it on your own you will be able to. You have no idea how nice and accomedation the whole stuff is.

new york
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

i can't even imagone! i am so excited! thanks for the reply :o)

canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

The bicycle tour runs almost every day at 9:30 a.m. One of the entertainment guys goes with you and bikes to Puerto Morelos--about 15 minutes there. Once you are there, he watches the bikes while you walk around for about a half an hour. Then you bike back to the resort. We had a blast doing it, and it was neat to see some of the surrounding area.

I'm sure if you asked, you could probably use the bikes on your own too--just ask someone.

Pennsylvania
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

Hi there. I read a review which stated that corona is no longer offered at the resort. Can you tell me if you notice this to be the case and did you hear whether it was a temporary thing or one of permanent stature.

thank you.

Seattle
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

We were at ERC from March 7-14. We did snorkel. Aquaworld is right at ERC and we went through them. 5 minute boat ride to 2nd largest reef in Western Hemisphere. Works for me. The guides were great - equipment was top notch. $40 US for 1 hr. Have read some reviews that said it was murky - cyrstal clear when we went - go on a calm day. Don't know if you are familiar with fish but we saw angel, parrot, blue tang, butterfly, lobster, barricuda & a 6 ft. nurse shark. The coral is beautiful. If anyone has any ?? on ERC will be happy to answer them. Great vacation.

Lancs
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

Since you ask, did you have trouble with mosquitos or spiders in the rooms?

Thanks

Seattle
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Came back from Excellence Riviera Cancun

No spiders or anything else in our room. After going on this forum for a couple months before we went (3/7 to 3/14)- I took mosq. repellent, room deoderizer, etc. Didn't use any of it. Disregard any bad reviews of this resort. Some people can not be satisfied. If anyone has ?? about ERC - I just retired so have some time to answer. Judy