We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
476 posts
8 reviews
25 helpful votes
Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

I am just starting to look at places for our vacation this year. I came upon a good price for this hotel. We love a good beach and swimable ocean. Good alcohol and food. entertainment, things to do. We will be going with our daughters ages 22 and 24, would this bee a good fit?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

(suggestions for other hotels is welcome! )

MNJulie~

16 replies to this topic
Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
65 reviews
184 helpful votes
1. Re: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

The price is right. I thought by it being so reasonable that I'd get low quality. Far from it! Unlimited ala carte dining with no reservations needed, good booze, plenty of activities. All rooms have ocean view since the design of the resort parallels the beach. Almost a mile of beautiful soft sandy beach (sign says 1570 yards for joggers on walking path along beach).

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
65 reviews
184 helpful votes
2. Re: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

Know that rooms with 2 beds have FULL SIZE, not QUEEN SIZE beds. So adults will have cozy bed sharing. Sofa bed in room was tolerable. Room size is above average.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
109 reviews
122 helpful votes
3. Re: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

The first AI we ever stayed at and was a very good value. Nice layout with different pools for what mood you are in. There are rooms without ocean views.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
65 reviews
184 helpful votes
4. Re: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

Sorry I erred. There are some rooms with trees or vegetation blocking the view. But the layout parallels the sea. Many other resorts have a narrow beachfront and room blocks go inland quite a ways.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
14 reviews
31 helpful votes
5. Re: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

We really enjoyed it when we were there Nov 2017. Like others have said, large expanse of beach front and no rocks in the water, good layout of the hotel. No reservations for a la carte restaurants (except Japanese) and no limit to number you can eat at. Food was excellent, drinks were plentiful, rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

I was there Feb 12-19, windy everyday. Not sure if that was a factor but the ocean was not ideal in my opinion at any hotel along this coast.The beach is lovely, soft white sand. However I'm a huge beach person and I only went in the water twice.Walking in, lots of seaweed sticking to my legs and getting tangled - wasn't a fan.The hotel does a good job of cleaning up the seaweed on shore but there was tons of it floating around. Also walked down the beach to right of the hotel - lots of garbage in the water.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
863 posts
27 reviews
29 helpful votes
7. Re: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

We went last year about this time and I have to say it was very unmemorable. I think this resort is the only resort I didn't give a good review. The food was just okay. The first room we got was terrible. No view ( and we had booked an ocean view) Just jungle and no sun or light what so ever and they didn't move us until 3 days later!! No you don't have to make reservations but be prepared to sometimes wait up to 2 hours till your beeper goes off. Would I stay there again?? Not unless it was free ! :)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
73 reviews
86 helpful votes
8. Re: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

Everybody’s experiences, expectations, and impressions are different. I have been to more than 15 AI Resorts in the MR and OCT is my favourite. That said, I did book privilege but my friends did not - so I couldnt take advantage of things like reservations for the a la cartes, etc. I never waited in line for a la carte anyway. The view from my room faced the ocean, but my balcony had a concrete wall that I was not able to use my X-ray vision to see through. Haha. But I dont care about the view from my room. The service was excellent and the food was quite good. Our group had older teenage girls and they had a good time. Young people (and other party-ready folks) gather around the pool bar in the evenings to have a good time. I am going back in a couple weeks and can’t wait.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,616 posts
61 reviews
71 helpful votes
9. Re: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

Hi Julie,

As you asked for suggestions I will offer the Grand Palladium. It has 3 hotels plus a 4th adults only which is outstanding. My daughter (20s) and I stayed at the TRS adult only at Christmas and were blown away. We had previously stayed at the Royal before the recent remodeling. We also stayed many times on the family side.

The TRS is a 5 star, gorgeous ocean front property. The TRS beach is a cart ride to the best part of the beach (5 mins) (no problem getting a cart anywhere). There are enough restaurant options at the TRS so you can stay there if you wish. Food is outstanding. Liquor is top shelf. Butler service, 24 hour bar, 24 hour room service.Amazing professional dinner cabaret theater. My daughter often went to the Colonial side at night where they have live bands until 2 am. She had such a great time that she asked if we could stay longer.

If you'd like more info I have a TR on here or you can contact me. BTW beds were so comfy that I missed a sunrise which has never happened!

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
10. Re: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!

For reference, I was not privilege but I don't feel as if it made a difference to our stay. Had a great time relaxing and always seemed to hit the a la cartes at the right time. You can only make reservations if you're privilege but we never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated. I also had the concrete wall freezing1 mentioned but as soon as I stood up I could see the ocean ;)

I also emailed the hotel before hand and they were a pleasure to deal with!

Reply to: Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Opinions Please!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos