We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laundry at ERC

Roanoke, VA
Level Contributor
178 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
laundry at ERC

We will be at ERC for over a week and may need some laundry done. Has anyone use the laundry service at ERC and do you have any comments?

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: laundry at ERC

laundry as in most hotel is expensive. i can not remember exactly as we did not use it. take a small bottle of detergent and do as we did and wash them by hand in the sink and dryon balcony. if you need special items washed there migt be a launderette in puerto morelos.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: laundry at ERC

Friends of ours used the laundry service. It was a bit pricy but not much different from most resorts. Our friends raved about the service saying it was the cleanest time they had ever seen some of there clothes. The ironing and folding was like it was done by a professional. Shirts were folder like they just came out of the package. When we go back next year we will bring less clothes (or at least I will, can't count on the DW for that) and use the service.

LTS

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: laundry at ERC

rbw141rbw141, have you finally used the laundry service and how was it?

thanks

Roanoke, VA
Level Contributor
178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: laundry at ERC

North Londoner,

We returned a couple of weeks ago after a 10 day stay. We found that we really didn't need to use the laundry service so I can't comment other than to say that it seemed really pricey. I don't recall the exact amounts, but prices seemed pretty high.

I'd be glad to answer any other questions as well.

UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: laundry at ERC

We used the laundry, it was quick, efficient and quite cheap, £5 for two pairs of trousers ($10)

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: laundry at ERC

rbw141rbw141 and KarenP, thank you for your answers.

Have you tried the local gym? I read that it gets quite busy. Also, have you tried kayaking and cooking lessons?

thanks

UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: laundry at ERC

Sorry, can't help with the gym, the extent of my activity on holiday was throwing the volleyball back when it hit my sunbed ! I didn't see cooking lessons advertised but there was a tour of the kitchens which was well supported.

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: laundry at ERC

Karen, thanks

not sure I will have the courage to use the gym ;)...guess still hoping not to put too much weight.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: laundry at ERC

bump

10. Re: laundry at ERC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 15:18