We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERC room type

orlando
3 posts
Save Topic
ERC room type

We are thinking about booking our honeymoon for October here and want to know if it is worth the extra money to book a swim up suite vs. a regular junior suite. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERC room type

in my opinion no . the rooms are the same except for the outside tub. you get your own piece of garden with sun loungers etc. but i think you are left out a little . the enjoyment for me is to mingle with new people and have a chat. you cant do this in swim up . also my wife is not very tall and once in the pool had to swim round to steps to get out, so a long walk back to your room.imo the standard rooms are the best value ask for top floor(no noise above you a pet hate of mine).great views. every one is different you have to decide what is important to you. you will have a great time what ever room you pick to me it is not worth the extra money i would rent a car and see some sights. unless you intend to spend the whole time in your room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way room service is excellent.

Norwich UK
Level Contributor
352 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ERC room type

We go in 4 weeks and we have a booked a swim out room and from what we have read from others, we are really happy we made the decision to do so.

You don't have to use your garden all the time, you can go out and mingle and socialize if you wish. It gives you the choice.

There was a review a few months back that sealed it for us - what this couple tended to do was hand around the main pool in the morning and lunchtime and later on went back to there swim-out room for a bit of privacy and chill out time for themselves - perfect in my opinion!!

cheers

Jim

Elmira, New York
Level Contributor
81 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ERC room type

For us, we prefer a more expansive view, so we've booked an upper floor room.

If view is important to you then go up. If convenience to the pool is important, then book swimup.

philadelphia pa
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ERC room type

We vacationed in Januaary and I was back and forth with what type of room I wanted until the week before I left. My husband didnt care at all. I ended up keeping the regular swim up suite and I am so glad I did. The swim out suites are not very private, everyone and anyone can see you on your patio at any time. The patio doors do not lock so if you get in the pool from your "swim out room" you cant swim anywhere b/c your room is unlocked. I also took the time to check out the Excellence club and the rooms are almost if not exactly the same you just have the chance of a better view of the ocean. My friend will be going this fall for her honeymoon also and after my return home and detailed report she will not be spending the extra money. In my opinion it is not worth it but you have to do what you think you will like best.

Have Fun!!!!!!!

5. Re: ERC room type

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 15:16