We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who Works out on Holiday

uk
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Who Works out on Holiday

I thought you go on holiday to relax. The last post about ERC mentioned there was a queue for the treadmill. Oh my god, i sweat enough doing some hard drinking by the pool.

Detroit
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Who Works out on Holiday

Haha... I was thinking the same thing! In fact, after a week at the Excellence I was completely unaware that they even HAD a treadmill.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who Works out on Holiday

I have to admit, I am one of those people who works out on vacation... not every day, but maybe a couple of times during the week. And here's the reason why: I am a working mother to a 2 year old, and a husband who's always out of town, which means that I get to make it to the gym very rarely. So to me, working out is a treat. I enjoy it, and yes, it makes me feel less guilty about all the calories I'm consuming, but I do it more b/c it is a luxury to me that I just don't get very often.

uk
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Who Works out on Holiday

izzone

lol Quality quote. im not even lookin for it ha.

uk
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Who Works out on Holiday

babyblue,

the work and the 2 yr old should help you burn some cals. your should enojy your break and enjoy the pool time with baby.

New England
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Who Works out on Holiday

I could feel the drinks and sweat pouring out of me in that humidity! :) I power walked the beach one day and I must admit it felt great. There is nothing like exercising with a beautiful ocean in front of you. Notice I said one day :). The rest of the week I power walked to the bars and restaraunts! Seriously, some people do like to balance the excess food and drink with some exercise. To each their own :)

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Who Works out on Holiday

I read the review and it caught my interest in that they stated that ERC needs better beds. The comment was that the beds were so hard it was like sleeping on a cement floor. Others in this forum have at time also stated that the beds were to hard.

We just got back from ERC. In my view the beds are not too hard. They certainly were firm, but padding on top the mattress was sufficient to give the mattress some softness and comfort. My wife felt the same way and slept just fine. I think this is one of those things where you can't please everybody, but I can tell you that in my personal opnion, the mattress we slept on was much more comfortable than sleeping on a cement floor.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who Works out on Holiday

Don't abuse those of us who like to workout while on vacation!! While I rarely use the gyms on properties................I start most days with a power walk as soon as I wake up. I sometimes even manage to drag hubby along!! I don't feel well mentally or physically if I don't break a sweat most days so to me it is not a chore, I enjoy it and believe me I enjoy the chips and pico de gallo and beers just as much...................

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who Works out on Holiday

We exercise everyday while on vacation just like we do at home. Most resorts have awful gyms often filled with people who seem to only use them on vacation. I skip my weight workout during vacation because the equipment is usually not very good. Our solution is to go out for a run early each morning (obviously while everyone else is busy saving chairs). I read the post about ERC and I can not understand why anyone would line up to use a treadmill when you could run or walk at your leisure on the path surrounding the resort. By the way the best part of exercising daily for me is that I can eat and drink what I would like without putting on extra pounds!!

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who Works out on Holiday

I loved ERC but that place was huge. We were in building 8 and my husband wanted to look at the workout room, but the walk back to find it WAS the workout.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who Works out on Holiday

20thOctober,

I WOULD enjoy spending time at the pool with my 2 year old (which I do nearly every day at home) while on our vacation, but he will not be traveling with us. This is a vacation for my hubby and I to celebrate my 30th b-day and spend some quality time together before we start trying for baby #2. My husband and I are active people with active lives, so working out on vacation is something we enjoy very much, just like some people like to go to the spa or some people like to dive while others prefer to lay by the pool or beach all day. I agree with the above post, to each their own.