We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

We are still looking for the best deal from the UK, and watching the flights disappear in front of us! Suppose Christmas is a busy time. Just wondered who you all booked through, Thomson seem very expensive, veering towards Blue Bay Travel / Caribbean Warehouse (same company)...

PS. Caribbean Warehouse have an agent out in Cancun now and will be doing a further inspection of EPM next week with postings on their website the week after. So even mre photos and reports to look forward to...

Thanks for info in advance...

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

We used Blue Bay this year for ERC and will book with them again for EPM in the Spring.

They are very knowledgeable and have been to various hotels and can answer most questions. They arranged everything for us and made all the requests we asked for. Everything went very well and we had a great trip. They will also beat most other quoted prices.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

Thanks for the info, just never booked a full package holiday through the internet, many wkend breaks, but not our main holiday - always use high street travel agents so was a little wary, gives us confidence to know your ERC trip was a success though. How did you get on when you arrived at Cancun airport with transport and rep etc? thanks.

I have spoken with the guys at Blue Bay (that's how I know they have someone out there this wk and they are doing their inspection next wk) and agree they are so helpful and know the resorts inside out, it does make you feel better about choosing to book with them.

Hoping EPM will be as great as ERC (SERC when we were there) was, sounds like it will be, if not better.

Think we will just go for it - also thanks for your advice on a number of other posts I have added here.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

We had no problems at Cancun airport as we were aware of the timeshare touts, etc.

Just made our way straight outside and the Hola travel rep was there. I think that Blue Bay are using another transfer company now, something to do with elephants......Jumbo I think......

There were 6 of us in the AC minivan and it went directly to ERC from the airport, with no stops. Front desk were waiting for us to arrive and called us by name as we entered.

Our return pick up was fine as well.

This was the first time I had used an online company as well. II usually do all travel bookings myself online, but the package they were offering to ERC was too good.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

Thanks again for the response. Just need to wait for hubbie to come home to book it!!! ;-)

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
107 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

We went to erc with global late deals They were the cheapest and transfers are included.The Jumbo tours rep looks after you whilst there. They are abta protected also. We are looking to book EPM through them again.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

We booked through global late deals for next april decided on a roof top terrace. Sean at global was great we shopped around and they were best. Our daughter went to tenerife with them in july and everything was fine. Good luck

Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

We have booked with Jetset2 going out 11th Nov, we have booked a Rooftop Terrace and they gave us what we believe is a very good price however they seem to be offering incentives to fill the hotel up in November. We are are very happy with the booking and have full confidence in the company. Only 53 days to go!!!!! Give them a try.We will post a review when we get back, Peter

UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

We have also booked a rooftop terrace through Jetset2, flying out on the 18th November for 2 weeks. Fingers crossed that everything is finished! - I can't wait!

Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

LinsandKev, have they booked you to fly with Thomas Cooke. This was are only dissappointment, have heard the seating arrangements are not very good and they would only allow us 15kgs luggage weight pp which is not a lot for 2 weeks.Jetset2 should have advised us of this at time of booking and we could have had an extra 5 kgs for £15 now TC want £140 for an extra 5kgs which is an absolute ripoff. Hope Jetset2 advised you of this at time of booking as I was not to happy with them and they said they would make sure people were advised at time of their booking. Anyhow too late now hope to see you on the 18th.

UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM - UK Bookings, who did you use?

Hi Devonlad - we requested flights with Thomsons when we booked as we heard that the legroom was better - we get 20kgs basic and it's an extra £49 for 5 more kgs. I cartainly couldn't have managed with 15kgs + they charge you a fortune at the airport if you are over your allowance. Not long until we go!