We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

We have booked a week at this new resort for February 24th leaving from Halifax. I e-mailed the resort and for those of you who are wondering, Punta Turquesa guests do have access to the punta coral section and vice versa. Also, they don't have a disco, the person who replied told me it was only 20 minutes away from the airport and it will be fully functional on Dec. 20, 2007! Is there anyone else going on the 24th of Feb??

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

Thanks for posting this info, I was so curious about it. Although after talking to a few other travel agents and Transat they said no (about the sharing) because Coral is sold by Signature and Turquesa is sold by Transat. I have no clue, I sincerely hope you are right, that would be awesome!!!! Keep me posted on any new info you have, I love info!

Thanks

P.S. We are leaving Jan. 1-8

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

As far as sharing goes, both the turquesa and coral list having 4 pools, 2 buffets and 4 a la cartes (the exact same ones) the only way you could go to four pools is if you have access to all of them on both resorts because in the pictures, each section only has 2. I guess you'll have to let me know when you return! have a great trip!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

I am going on December 22 :) Which is in 2 days :P

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

If you go to the H10 website www.h10hotels.com/eng/riviera-maya-hotels/ and click on the map on the right side, it shows the 3 H10 hotels on the mayan riveiera and the Punta Turquesa and Punta Coral are not next to each other. The map shows the Hacienda Maya in between. We are looking at booking for 2 weeks in Feb but really want to read some reviews on the food, entertainment and if everything is open and operational or not.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

I am surprised! I went onto the H10 website as per above and it does say that the Maya is between the Coral and Turquesa! That is opposite of what I have heard from absolutely everyone. Travel agents and people down there. I wonder if it is a mistake somehow?

halifax
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

I can tell you that Frank (the local expert, who is currently in Bavaria) told me you can walk a long distance on the beach. I also know that the Paradisus Riviera Cancun is to the left and the Moon Palace is to the right and is the last big hotel chain on the strip. The Excellence Rivera is next to the Paradisus then the Regency Club Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort and then the El Dorado Royale and then the Iberostar. It is always fun to explore them all! The Princess is the controversial one that opened Dec 10 and most vacationers were moved as it really had nothing up and running...not even beach chairs! I also found out that Transat are co-owners of the H10 so they have a vested interest in having everything up and functional. We will be there from Dec 30-Jan 7. We are leaving from Halifax. We are hoping to play lots of tennis and use all the sports activities---gym, windsurfers, aerobic classes..it helps to balance our love of food on these trips. We have been to many of these "Drop and Plop"vacations over the past few years in Cuba, D.R and Mexico, all 4+ stars and have always had a good time. Sure beats shoveling snow and 10 below temps! and the Christmas craziness. Hope to get some updates soon before we go! Hope to join up with some of you there also basking in the sun drinking those Pina Coladas, reading a terrific book, ocean front. Irene, Halifax

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
804 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

Walking to Puerto Morelos would take about 50-60 mins on the beach. I met a couple in the bookstore yesterday that walked in.

Another couple took a cab into town, cost about 90 pesos, or about $9 US.

Rob

alma libre bookstore

Puerto Morelos

trenton
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

If we walk to Puerto Morelos from H10 once we get to the village how do we find your bookstore? Is it easy for directionally challenged people to get around? Thanks. (only 6 more sleeps!)

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
804 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

Puerto Morelos is a very small town. Walk to the big lighthouse and you will find the town square. Our bookstore is on the south side of the square.

For more info, check out our website!

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: H10 Punta Turquesa - for those of you who are wondering

We are leaving on sat dec 29 for this hotel, we will post some info as soon as we can. I went on another website (debbies caribbean) and a review there said that the resort was previewed by agents in november and that it should be rated a five star hotel.