We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking in bars at ERC

midlands
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking in bars at ERC

We're going to ERC and my husband is wondering can you smoke in the bars at hotel know you can't at indoor restaurants but what about the outside ones thanks for any info

Dumont, New Jersey
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking in bars at ERC

dont know what the rules are but we'll be smokin like we're on fire! have fun!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking in bars at ERC

i was wondering the same thing! also, do they have smoking rooms or are all the rooms non-smoking?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,418 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking in bars at ERC

Hi

As stated all the indoor restaurants are non-smoking. However, the outdoor ones do have a smoking section. From what I remember you are allowed to smoke in all bars but consideration should be given to fellow guests

UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking in bars at ERC

This was one of the few things at ERC that we didn't like, the fact that smoking was allowed at the Martini bar (indoors) and also at the outdoor restaurants. A lot of smokers used to gather at the bar stools in the Martini bar, it wasn't pleasant either for other guests or for the staff who were directly in front of them. We noticed it more this year as we've been smoke free in the UK for a year now, it looked odd to see people light up indoors. I think ERC should go smoke free at all bars and restaurants. There are plenty of places for smokers to go outside.

Michigan
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking in bars at ERC

Smoking is allowed at the bars listed below:

Martini Bar (Inside)

Sol Bar (outside)

Blue (Pool Bar)

Kafe Kafe (Outside)

Stars Bar (Outside-Theatre)

There are numerous ashtrays around the resort that the staff keep very clean, with an imprint of the excellence logo... You can also smoke in the lobby, as ashtrays are available.

I would not smoke at the indoor or outdoor restaurants at night, only to not upset any of the non-smokers. Especially since everyone is well dressed and I respect non-smokers who do not like smelling like smoke...

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking in bars at ERC

I believe all rooms are smoking (hence the ash-trays), as to the bars people are even allowed to smoke their cigars (brrrr).

West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking in bars at ERC

I understand Mexico is now smoke free as far as indoor bars and restaurants are concerned. Do I take it there is now no smoking in the Martini Bar. What is the position with Stars Bar as far as I can remember this is half in, half out.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
midlands
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking in bars at ERC

We are just back from ERC you can still smoke in Martini bar and stars bar only the indoors restaraunts are non smoking we ahd a brilliant time there

NY
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking in bars at ERC

LILY52...How are you?? I'm not sure if we met or not, or at least exchanged pleasantries..I hope you enjoyed your time as much as my husband and I did..we were at the Martini bar plenty...hispanic couple...he's tall 6ft & bald...i am on the shorter side 5ft 3inches brown hair with lots of blonde in it..i'm so bummed that I didn't get to meet you,boohoo....cheers!

utah
Level Contributor
541 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking in bars at ERC

Ya think I am on one about smoking, well I am. I have been swimming when people seem juuust fine about smoking while little kids and I are trying to have a good time in the pool, the smoke is everywhere, and it's nasty. People get cancer from other people who smoke, it is only based on the decision of the management to separate the smokers from the non smokers... and the kids don't deserve it, it is not a decision they can make...much less me, I don't want your smoke either.