We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Royale Riveier Maya

ohio
6 posts
Save Topic
El Dorado Royale Riveier Maya

We are booked to head to this resort in Sept. We booked a Casita based on your reviews. We've been reading that the dress code for many restaurants do not allow shorts. Can anyone help us dedide if that means all shorts or can you wear long dressy shorts with a collared dress shirt? We don't want to have to take along lots of extra dress clothes if not needed nor do we wish to get all dressed up first thing in the morning for breakfast as we typically will workout first. Does anyone know about the fitness facility and how good or bad it is? Where is it located if we're in a Casita.

Thanks for all your help!:0)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Royale Riveier Maya

Hey there, good choice of resort! The dress code is mainly for dinner. Men are required to wear long slacks, collared or smart shirts(no sleeveless shirts), and close toed shoes. Women can wear dress shorts and open toed sandals. Breakfast and lunch only require that beach wear is covered up.

The fitness centre is located near Jo Jo's bar around the middle of the resort, and was recently updated with renovated facilities and some new equipment. The resort itself is 500 acres, and if you are interested in jogging, it is a good circuit to run as it's mainly level and smooth.

Have a great time!

England, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Royale Riveier Maya

Is it really the case the men cannot wear a smart shirt if it has short sleeves? We always dress smartly for dinner on holiday, but my husband prefers smart trousers and shoes, and a smart short sleeved shirt. Will this not be ok?

Doesn't seem ideal to have to wear a hot long sleeved-shirt in the heat...

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Dorado Royale Riveier Maya

Short sleeved "smart" shirts are fine.

When we say sleeveless T-Shirts over here, we are referring to the (excuse the expression) wife beater T-Shirts or anything else exposing armpit hair, etc.

This of course only applies to the men.

Women can pretty much get away with anything...except as Hola has pointed out...swimsuits must be covered up for breakfast and lunch. And...you must be dry.

England, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Dorado Royale Riveier Maya

Thanks for the reply. Although I am now a bit more confused, as you were talking about T-shirts as well. My husband wouldn't dream of wearing any type of t-shirt to dinner!

I'm not sure if this is a different in UK/US terminology though? When I say shirt (either short or long sleeved) I mean a collared shirt, with buttons down the front.

Whereas to me a t-shirt is a casual top, again can be short or long sleeved, but no collar.

If a short-sleeved collared shirt is ok, then that's fine! Reading the original post above I was worried he was going to have to pack a load of long sleeved shirts!

Coulterville...
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Dorado Royale Riveier Maya

bride

You will love EDR Casitas! Prepare to be pampered. For men at dinner, short sleeved, collared shirts are fine for with long pants and closed toe shoes - in the indoor restaurants. The outdoor restaurants will allow nice dress shorts with collared shirts and dress sandals, no flipflops or beach shoes. Lunch and breakfast is not a problem as you can wear what you want but swimsuits need to be covered up. Ladies can pretty much wear anything nice as long as it isn't a T-shirt or beach shoes.

That is basically it. If I may make a suggestion, why don't you go to the home page, type in El Dorado Royale and click on "all photos". You will get a good idea from there as to what people wear.

6. Re: El Dorado Royale Riveier Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 16:46