We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERC....di i need a credit caRD

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
ERC....di i need a credit caRD

I am going to ERC next year and have been told the hotel take a swipe of a credit card when you check in. I dont have a credit card and neither do i plan to get one. could they use my debit card or take a cash deposit??? Im not planning on using the spa etc....if i did id pay cash up front!!!

northumberland
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERC....di i need a credit caRD

They asked us if we wanted to swipe our card to pay for any extras such as spa treatments- but we said we would prefer not to- and that was the end of the conversation!!! No pressure from them at all- and we just settled extras at the end of the holiday. We were there in August- don't know if it has changed since. Being so close to the states they probably ask this as a matter of routine- as I believe Americans do this method of payment in their hotels ( I think.....!)but they didn't insist- you could e-mail them if you are worried.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
372 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ERC....di i need a credit caRD

we did not have our credit card swiped. I just used it at the spa when we went down there.

Wales
Level Contributor
199 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ERC....di i need a credit caRD

As Reecey said there is no pressure, I dont have any credit cards and paid cash for the spa which was no problem (plus I won two treatments in Mexican Bingo which was great). We did a few items of laundry with the hotel and that was paid in cash at the end of the holiday as well without a problem.

Have a great time, we will be going back next July.

M

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ERC....di i need a credit caRD

thanks so much!!!

Barnsley
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ERC....di i need a credit caRD

Hi we are just back from erc. didnt get a credit card swiped on arrival. when we went to the spa it wouldnt swipe our credit cards so after phoning the credit card companys up we were told the spa line was constantly busy. they use a differant line at reception so opened one up there but they do not accept debit at reception and the atm was not working, it didnt work for much of the holiday. so be carefull if you want to settle bill with debit they do not accept it at reception .it took us a good 1 hour of running back and forth to the spa to discover all this we nearly missed our treatment. but it is a brilliant hotel.

Missouri
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ERC....di i need a credit caRD

They asked at check-in for an imprint of our credit card for "incidentals", we just said that we would pay for any as they came up...there was no issue at all.

7. Re: ERC....di i need a credit caRD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 17:35