We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Puerto Morelos

Montreal
5 posts
Save Topic
Fishing in Puerto Morelos

Hello All,

If you are looking into a fishing excursion in Puerto Morelos, are you familiar with the Pelicano`s restaurant? ( The biggest restaurant direct on the beach right next to the park ) They have just opened a little kiosk beside the restaurant and sell fishing and snorkling excursions. The owners of the restaurant are my friends, as well as the guys that do the fishing and snorkling excursion. To rent the boat its 300usd. They supply the gas, bait, bottles of water and canned beer. The excursion is usually 4 hours and done in the morning. ( Lifejackets on the boat ) The boat holds 3 guest ( with 2 guides ) Also whatever you catch, they cook it for you at the restaurant Pelicano`s with side orders. Free of charge. Ask for Abraham. He has lots of experience and its his boat. I just got back last week from Puerto Morelos, i have been going for the past 4 years, about 3 - 5 times per year. I know these people very well and they are not scammers!

Let me know if you need anymore information! I can even contact him for you if you would like!

Amy

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
essex
Level Contributor
241 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in Puerto Morelos

Thanks for that brilliant information thats exactly the kind of trip we're looking for. We don't go until October but this would be a great day out by the sounds of it!

I've pasted your information on to my topic of " anyone been game fishing as a few t/a members will be interested i'm sure. Thanks again for your help

Mel

Montreal
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in Puerto Morelos

Your welcome! If you have any furthur questions, dont hesitate to ask! I have been to Puerto many times and i am looking into moving down! I have many contacts there!

Take care! Who knows, we might meet up in October when you go down!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing in Puerto Morelos

Hi Amy. Do you have any info re snorkelling with this crew. Is Abraham the guy to talk to? All we're looking for is a quick two hour tour one morning on the reef with equipment and an experienced guide. Can these guys help?

drbob

Montreal
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing in Puerto Morelos

Hey, Of course they specialize in snorkling as well! Its a 2 - 2h30 hour excursion. Leaves from the pier in front of Pelicano`s.. on a party boat that seats about 15 people! ( also leaves with 2 person ) You can either ask inside the restaurant Pelicano`s about it OR see the Kiosk right in front of the restaurant, near the pier and beach! They have competitive rates! Also experienced personel! Very sweet and nice! Helpful! Abraham owns the boats, he has workers for him. He usually goes on the fishing excursions because its his passion!

I highly recommend going to see them! The best in the 4 years that i have been going!

Also i am a travel agent here in Canada, so its my proffession to test and judge these kind of excursions to furthur recommend to my clients!

Hope i helped!

essex
Level Contributor
241 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing in Puerto Morelos

looks we'll be going snorkelling too, sounds really good:)

Mel

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing in Puerto Morelos

Paco is the snorkel guide there, very eco-conscious and good reviews about him.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing in Puerto Morelos

Thanks Frank. We'll definitely check in with Paco.

Thanks alot for all your tips and suggestions. Although we're AI at the H10, we look forward to exploring PM and enjoying some local flavour. We're planning on having supper at Cantina Habineros on Fri. Jan 30 and join you guys for your meet and greet. Hope to see you then.

Bob

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing in Puerto Morelos

Thanks, and see you on the 30th

Montreal
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing in Puerto Morelos

Paco is very very good! Very Funny too! All smiles and laughs! Paco and Abraham make for a good team!

greenwich, ct
Level Contributor
238 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing in Puerto Morelos

What does snorkling cost. What about kids? Mine are 5,7, and 9 and experienced snorklers.