We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time to leave from El Cid to Cancun Intnl airport?

new york
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What time to leave from El Cid to Cancun Intnl airport?

The car service put us down for private transfer two hours and forty-five minutes before departure. This seems excessive. Any opinions? (flight is 7 pm on a Tuesday)

Regina
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What time to leave from El Cid to Cancun Intnl airport?

From what I understand our airline wants us at the airport 3 hours prior to departure time, that is likely why you have been booked to depart so early. Check your flight, it will have a recommendation as to what time you are to be at the airport.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What time to leave from El Cid to Cancun Intnl airport?

That's not excessive. As the other post stated, leaving Mexico, they want you at the airport 3 hours ahead of time. So actually, you're getting a few minutes extra since I believe it takes about 30 min to get to the airpor. If you didn't have private transport, you'd be picked up even earlier if there are more stops to make. I'd rather be at the airport and wait for departure, than be late and miss the flight. Not a good way to end your vacation.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What time to leave from El Cid to Cancun Intnl airport?

Last year our flight left a litle early! We were eating and not particularly listening for boarding calls, which may be difficult to hear, and almost did not make the flight!

new york
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What time to leave from El Cid to Cancun Intnl airport?

Thanks for all of the advice. You may have saved us from disaster.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What time to leave from El Cid to Cancun Intnl airport?

you need to be there 3 hours before flight. sometimes you really do need that time. at 2.45 before flight that would only leave you with about 2 hours at airport and that is def. not enough time. i would bump that to at least 3.15 before flight or 3.30. plus you can never guarantee what the traffic will be like.

terminal 2 has TGI Fridays and terminal 3 has Margaritaville. fair prices for an airport and decent food.

dec 18 - thurs - when i checked in for CUN-JFK the jet blue lines were not very long. a lot of the lengthy line issues (just ot check in) depends on season, day of week. if you are on an American Airlines flight the lines will be much longer.

6. Re: What time to leave from El Cid to Cancun Intnl airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 12:27