We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERC reviews

essex
Level Contributor
241 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
ERC reviews

I'm so happy to see how good the ERC reviews are lately............ shame about the weather though!

Mel

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,329 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERC reviews

Bad weather is not nice but you can still have a great time in the rain

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
166 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ERC reviews

Opinions are so amazing. I always take everything with a VERY large grain of salt! LOL We've been to the Cancun/RM area 9-10 times and I vividly remember one trip where we were having a fantastic time at the Aventura Palace with friends. We met this couple from our home state of Indiana who were having a HORRIBLE time. Since we were there at the same time experiencing the very same things it just amiazed us that their opinion was polar opposite of ours.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,329 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ERC reviews

Hi again

On the subject of different opinions on the Punta Cana Forum just now there are a couple of threads from someone who is on holiday there at the moment.

In the first week things were going so well and then suddenly another thread appears to say what a dump the place is and nothing is going right. Quite rightly people asked what was going on and what had made the person change their minds about the resort. The reply came back to say ignore the last few posts as they had been made by her husband

Two people, same holiday, different views!!!!!!!!!

Morton, IL
Level Contributor
935 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ERC reviews

Hi Mel and FFM too, just back last night and we loved ERC! The morning we pulled up to the entrance at ERC though (Jan 18), there was a very sorry lot waiting for their transfer to the airport. At first we were worried to see so many unhappy people, but after talking to them, we found out that this was the first sunny day they had the whole time. I felt so sorry for them! I guess it rained for 5 straight days. One woman we complemented her on her tan and she said it the fake one she came with and this was the only day she'd had her swimming suit on.

We were VERY lucky with our weather, although it was still cooler than normal for this time of year. Some evenings were in the 50's (brrr...) and a couple of days were cloudy and cooler. But we still had the most marvelous time!

essex
Level Contributor
241 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ERC reviews

Hi Coronagirl, i've been so looking forward to hearing from you, glad you had a nice time you must write a detailed report for us when you settle back home. Hope the weather didn't spoil things for you though.

Mel

Hamilton
Level Contributor
22 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ERC reviews

We just booked our first trip to ERC based on the great reviews. Thanks to everyone! Love the pictures too.

I was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions for us. Is the Excellence Club worth the upgrade and do you know what cost is if you book at the hotel when you get there? We need a late check out, can you get this without the club upgrade?

Can you use the spa facilities without booking a treatment everytime? I like to just go in for a steam and water pools.

Do they serve international brand alcohol? My husband drinks GreyGoose, do they have this at the resort?

Can you walk to Porto Morelos? Can you snorkel off the resort?

I heard building 7 was good to request. We just booked a regular Jr suite. How are they?

Chicago
Level Contributor
262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ERC reviews

I'll give these a shot...

1. Is the Excellence Club worth the upgrade

I didn't book the EC so I can't say but I didn't feel like I missed anything.

2. and do you know what cost is if you book at the hotel when you get there?

I asked and I think it was $100 USD/night

3. We need a late check out, can you get this without the club upgrade?

Just ask and if they are not overbooked, I'm sure they will allow it.

Can you use the spa facilities without booking a treatment everytime? I like to just go in for a steam and water pools.

I believe you will have to pay for the "Water Circut" or whatever it's called.

Do they serve international brand alcohol? My husband drinks GreyGoose, do they have this at the resort?

The do have Grey Goose...:)

Can you walk to Porto Morelos?

Yes...about 30-40 minutes down the beach...to the right as you face the water.

Can you snorkel off the resort?

I wouldn't...don't think there is much to see and I didn't see anyone doing it.

I heard building 7 was good to request.

Don't know.

We just booked a regular Jr suite. How are they?

Rooms are fine. All are the same on the inside...just like people!

Enjoy!

Hamilton
Level Contributor
22 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ERC reviews

Thanks DM for taking the time to answer all my questions.

Well, I'm convinced that we don't really need the Eclub after much of what I have read.

Only two more weeks and we just got a huge snowfall this evening, it could not get here soon enough for me. :)

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ERC reviews

Solobird,

I believe that Gray Goose is only available in the Excellence Club and rooms. But as someone else suggested you could buy your own for your room at duty free on your way.

We did in fact snorkel off the ERC (we have our own gear) not much to see. BUT if you take the $9 cab ride to Puerto Morelos you can arrange awesome snorkelling for $25pp for about 2 hours.

Search the PM fourm for threads thats how I found out about it last year.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
22 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ERC reviews

Sounds perfect. I'm looking forward to it. It will be nice to go into town and try snorkling there. I'll take a look at the forums, thanks. We had a great experience snorkling last year in Akumal but we don't want to travel that far this time.