We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sensatori prices going up!!!

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sensatori prices going up!!!

Does anyone know why prices for holidays to Mexico are going up. Since the swine flu outbreak a holiday to Sensatori for a family of 4 has gone up by £500. Prices also gone up for Gran Bahia Principe and Grand Palladium by about £400. I thought prices would be coming down not going up. We are hoping to travel in August.

uk
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sensatori prices going up!!!

Hi I can't believe it eiher we are looking at cot and it has gone uo £1200 since all this happened, we had it on hold and where just checking out insurance policy when this happened- wish I had just booked then checked the insurance out. Does anyone know good sites to book just the hotels for riviera maya, as we may try booking hotel and flights sep, but so far that is working out even more expensive, I may not be using the best booking sites, so any advice gladly taken.

dorset
Level Contributor
2,789 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sensatori prices going up!!!

Hi, well i am slightly confused, I booked my holiday to the Sensatori way back before it opened, for 2 weeks in August, costing £1739 each for 3 of us, thats a junior suite with a sea view. As i type this message the price is now £1690 each, by the way this is with Thomson via their website. I log on daily just to check the prices and it has very rarely gone up, the exception being last Saturday when it rose a whopping £150 per person, only to drop back down again on the Sunday!

I have seen a very steady, although small, decrease in the price. even since the swine flu outbreak.

Not sure if you are referring to Thomsons or First Choice, and whether you are looking at prices on the web or actually in shop, also what type of suite etc. It still doesn't make sense that my holiday cost has actually gone down given what you are saying? Not that i am complaining mind!

I am waiting with baited breath for someone to give an up to date situation of things at the Sensatori, it seems a long long time since somebody wrote a review, or sent a message from the hotel during this swine flu nightmare.

Kent
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sensatori prices going up!!!

We booked back in February to go in October with Thomson. We Stayed at the Riveira Princess last October and had a fantastic time depsite the bad reviews! So this time we're taking them all with a large pinch of salt! Was gutted when we realised only Thomson dealt with the Sensatori as fel ripped off by them last year, but did extensive research and found what I felt to be the best deal on the website. Thinking that with the Credit Crunch etc we might be able to shave off a couple of hundred quid we went in to the branch....

Started off great, the lady we spoke to had stayed in the Sensatori for the opening week, told us it did need finishing touches but by October we would be fine. Then came the price! I didn't let on that we'd done our homework and hoped they'd come out with a similar price..... how wrong I was! She made out that she was looking on thomson.co.uk to get prices and yet it came out £500 dearer EACH!!! I had only checked the price the night before so it couldn't have changed that dramatically in a few hours! After picking my jaw up off the floor I explained I had seen a rather different price online and could they do anything on that. I didn't have the info with me (which later proved irrelevant) but she went off and spoke to her manager who said they would take off £300 each but not match the price. As we had gone to the branch to try and reduce the price we were now £400 higher so told them to forget it!

Incensed by the rise in price I got home and checked the price, low and behold, it matched my original price! Now the page looked exactly the same but Im pretty sure the screens they show you in store must be there own system and not the actual website cos the price differences were so dramatic. Anyway we loved the look of the Sensatori so we went ahead and booked.(you get an additonal two weeks to pay online which included an extra pay day for us!).

I then became very sceptical of the whole pricing system and now check the prices about 3 times a week! since February they seemed to stay the same until the beginning of April. Then things went crazy!!! The price of the holiday went up by £300 each but they dropped the upgraded flight (which we have chosen) by £75 each. This seems to be changing daily at the moment, I don't know if Swine Flu and bad reviews have affected the price, but how can they be going up?!?

When I looked today I noticed the holiday had increased by a whopping £2128!!! this was before the upgarde of the flight! SO i clicked through to the booking stage and the flights were back at £275 each BUT it had automatically updgraded the room to a honeymoon suite, possibly because this is all the have left for our dates. May be an idea to look at the exact room they are quoting you for before we all panic about pricing!!!!

dorset
Level Contributor
2,789 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sensatori prices going up!!!

Hi annabanna

I really dont understand this at all, i log on to Thomsons EVERYDAY without fail, and once again my 2 weeks in August has gone down AGAIN today. And i always check it is for the same room type.

I booked mine via the website, but actually went in to a branch of Thomsons last weekend to ask a few questions, only to be told that they couldn't even see any availability for The Sensatori in August! So based on that she told me that she would be unable to help me with any of my queries! I found this very strange and unbeleivable. I have since logged on everyday and there are clearly still weeks available in August.

What i am finding even more strange and very frustrating is how quiet it has gone on this forum regarding the Sensatori? There have been no reviews for a long time now, and no word of anyone there at the moment who can report on the current situation there, regarding if the swine flu is affecting the hotels occupancy and amenities etc.

Its worrying me a bit now.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sensatori prices going up!!!

Hi loladorset

I have been in to Thomson yesterday and they say the Sensatori has been closed since the 1st May when Thomson took it over!!!! She said their big boss had gone for the opening and when the Swine Flu outbreak started they decided to delay the official opening by Thomson until things had settled down. They have apparantley been fumigating and getting everything clean and all the kinks ironed out as Thomson want everything to be 5* when they open again. I believe anyone who was there has been transferred to other Karisma properties. I don't know if this is all correct but I do know the lady personally so don't think she would lie to me!

Thanks

Brian.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sensatori prices going up!!!

Hi Brian

Thanks for the info - I guess that would explain the non existant reviews!! Did the lady at Thomson say when they would be making another announcement? We are due to go 17th May but I can't see it happening!

Cheers

Nikki

north wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sensatori prices going up!!!

Hi Brian

Thanks for the info i was starting to also get a bit worried since there has been no updates anywhere on sensatori for a good two weeks now.

have they said when they expect the official opening on handover to thomsons. i would hate to have spent all this money on the holiday now and finally find i can go (fingers crossed) and to be moved elsewhere when I get there. that would be a real kick in the teeth.

this has worried me slightly more again now as we took such a long time to choose the hotel. hopefully just me thinking things are worse in my head and it will be fine when we go in just over 4 weeks time

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sensatori prices going up!!!

Nikki X

She said they are reviewing on a daily basis and as soon as the FCO lift it's travel restrictions they will re-commence flights straight away. It's horrible not knowing we are in the same boat as we are supposed to fly out on the 30th May.

Brian.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sensatori prices going up!!!

Cheers Brian

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully we will know sooner rather than later!

north wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sensatori prices going up!!!

fingers crossed for your hols and hopefully everything is great at sensatori when you go. i really do hope they open flights again soon its seems daft now to keep this stance when who are not advising against travel just the fco.

lets hope the little extra time that thomson have had has helped iron out all the little problems that previous reviewers have raised so we all get perfect hols