We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lLive from Secrets Silversands

ny
Level Contributor
266 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
lLive from Secrets Silversands

Arrided yesterday. Free quick internet both in the romm(cable) and in the lobby on their computers. If anyone has questions I will try to chedk in occassionally and answer them as I know a lot of people has recently booked or are considering doing so do to the great deals.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
299 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lLive from Secrets Silversands

Considering the last week of July, but the reports are conflicting. Was in room internet complementary? Is the water in the jacuzzi rusty or smelly? Is the outdoor hot tub cold? Are they short staffed? Are the restaurants all open or just one per night? How are the mini-bars stocked? (Liquor in the room?) Is there an insect problem? Sorry about all of the questions, but was hoping you could clear this all up. The prices are amazing. I just want to be sure that service has not been cut back to match the great rate.

Hoosier
Level Contributor
703 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lLive from Secrets Silversands

How crowded is there now? Are the food/drinks/service lacking considering the great price deals?

Green Bay
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lLive from Secrets Silversands

I do have a couple questions - nothing earth shattering.

I recently had back surgery and am still having trouble getting around. Would you happen to know where the handcap rooms are and which standard

building is closest to the main pool and retaurants?Also, what are the standard room amenities like toothpaste, conditioner, sunscreen etc? We are trying to do the carry on luggage only so are limited to liquids. Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to answer these questions.

Sandy

New Jersey
Level Contributor
207 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lLive from Secrets Silversands

We just booked 9 days for the end of July. Having already been to SMB, I'm trying not to compare but have a few questions. Do they barbeque burgers/dogs on the beach? How about ice cream and buffet food poolside during the day? And are there any loungers with umbrellas for shade? Thanks for your feedback!

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lLive from Secrets Silversands

Hi, a couple more questions kcrew.

1. Would you recommend renting a car?

2. Is there a building or location at Silversands which we should avoid?

3. How long was the trip from the airport to Silversands?

Thanks.

ny
Level Contributor
266 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lLive from Secrets Silversands

Okay I have no idea how to view the posts after I hit reply so I will try to answer a bunch of questions off of the top of my head...

The place is seriously empty...dead....more than I could have imagined, thus there are NO, I mean No activities--not even aware of the existence of an entertainment staff.

We did rent a car and the drive was really quick-10 minutes or so.

There is no snack bar or beach/pool food, but you can take out from the restuarants or have it delivered poolside.

The buffet is closed. All meals ala carte. One at breakfast, one at lunch, and 2 for dinner. The swim up bar is closed.

Tub water was a little tinted, but not a big deal. No insects in the room. No mosquitoes anywhere yet.

Full size shampoo, lotion, suncreen, and shower gel. No toothpaste.

ny
Level Contributor
266 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lLive from Secrets Silversands

Mini bar has bottles of coke, sprite, coke lite, oj, coronitas, water and sparkling water. No liquor in room. No snacks.

Internet in room is free and they have ethernet cables to borrow.

The water has a slight sulfer odor, but not a big deal.

The hot tubs are warm, not cold, so feels good after the cooler pool. Not hot though.

Greensburg, PA
Level Contributor
354 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lLive from Secrets Silversands

Wait -- the swim-up bar is CLOSED??! How low is the occupancy there? We were just at SMB with a 20% occupancy, and the swim-up bar was always open. Just wondering how much worse it can be at Silvesands! I have family members thinking about taking advantage of the great deals right now and booking for early June - but maybe not if things are THAT slow!!

Fort Wayne
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: lLive from Secrets Silversands

The occupancy problem is a little disconcerting. Have you heard if they expect it to pick up soon? We are going to be there at the end of June/beginning of July and will be pretty annoyed if there aren't activities and most of the restaurants are closed.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
207 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lLive from Secrets Silversands

Thank you for your update kcrew. I spoke with an AMR Expert about the current sale going on and she told me that the resort's marketing strategy is working and the rooms are filling up fast for June thru Sept. - hopefully, much of what is closed right now will reopen with a much higher occupancy rate. You should meet with the Manager and ask for a return voucher so that you have the opportunity to experience a fully operational resort in the future!