We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking the kiddos in July!!

Denver, Co
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taking the kiddos in July!!

Our May trip to Puerto Morales was cancelled and we are now going in July 11th-18th because that is the only time my husband is able to take vacation time. We are taking our 2 children. They are 9 & 3 years old. Our last visit to Cancun was in June and it was just my husband and I. I am a little nervous about our children in the heat. I just hope they're not miserable! Has anyone else taken their kids in July??

Idalia, Colorado
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking the kiddos in July!!

I am leaving tomorrow with my kids, ages 7, 5 & 18 months. I will let you know when we return. I can tell you from living in the eastern Colorado summers, I suffer more from the heat than they do!!!! We get LOTS of high 90's and windy days in the summer and our kids just swim right thru it!!

We are renting a condo on the beach in PM...will report back when we return. Flying Frontier tomorrow morning!

Denver, Co
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking the kiddos in July!!

Thanks I would appreciate the update! We are in North East Colorado too! I suppose your right we should be used to the heat! But I guess there is a major diffence between dry heat & 90% humidity!! Thanks again

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking the kiddos in July!!

Hi, we've been in July with similar aged kids. The weather is great as long as you stay near the pool or beach to keep cool. We also get them to wear UV tops to protect them from the sun.

Should be a great time to travel. Have fun.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking the kiddos in July!!

This is the 5th vacation to Mexico and in the past 4 years and we have always gone in either July or August. We both love our vacations with our children. We have an almost 4 year old and a 14 month year old. We have never had any trouble with the heat and himidity. We make sure that we bring the spray bottles of 50 spf and spray them from head to toe,especially their little heads, several times a day. We always make sure that they drink a lot of liquids. My 3 year old daughter is in the pool or the ocean from breakfast until dinner so she is never miserable. She loves our vacations and I don't think that DH and I will never be able to vacation alone again!

5. Re: Taking the kiddos in July!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 05:21