We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

Anyone thinking of going to Sensatori should look at Thomson. They have some great prices for August. We are going on 16 Aug. Price for 4 came down by £1000!

dorset
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

Great for those yet to book, hard to swallow for those like me who booked months ago!!! I think i could cancel mine, lose my deposit, re-book it and still save money!

London, England
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

Yes Lolo, I really can understand how you feel. I booked the day it went down and since I have booked it has gone down a further £80.00 and I was a bit upset about that! I cant understand the pricing at Sensatori. We are going with 2 children 14 and 11. If we were all in one room it would have been £100 more than booking 2 rooms-so I booked 2 junior suites. We had decided to go the the Grand Palladium but when I saw how much Sensatori had come down I booked it.

I always book holiday January latest. Thought I would wait this year thinking they would be really cheap with credit crunch ect. But they wernt at all cheaper. I have really missed looking forward to the holiday all year. I would never leave it this late again.

Also, I saw on one of your other posts you put some web sites that have lots of pics of Sensatori, I have tried to find the post but cant. Could you let me know them. Thanks you Tracy

dorset
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

Hi teluk, i booked way back before the hotel had even opened, we paid £1739 each, and thats not even with upgraded flights unlike some have. I cant believe how much it is now, but thats a chance you take i suppose, has put me in two minds whether to ever book that early again.

I found lots of photos on photobucket.com, webshots.com, think there are some on snapfish and also picasa.

We travel on the 8th August so will see you out there! I am travelling with my 17 yr old daughter and her boyfriend, all in one room!!! Bit unconventional but no choice as you cant have a room with just 1 person in it.

London, England
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

Thanks lola, I will take a look.

I always find you get better deals by booking early. We always book early and the prices are always good and never seem to go down. I think its a fluke with Sensatori. The Grand Palladium which I was going to book only came down by about £50.

We arrive the week after you so I will look out for you. Cant wait.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

I know how you feel Lola. I was due to go in May and my flight was cancelled so I moved it to July and I have just checked the price and it has come down by over £300pp. I am gutted but it is the way it goes sometimes! Nightmare!

dorset
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

nikki.....blimey, even worse for you! If the price continues to drop i will seriously consider cancelling and going elsewhere. I do not want to be along side fellow holiday makers, in exactly the same hotel, eating the same food, drinking the same drinks, swimming in the same pools, etc etc etc only they are doing it at a much reduced price. As it stands for me at the moment, will cost me £35 per person to change our destination, or £600 in total to cancel completely. Its going to be a tough decision to make.

I appreciate that the whole swine flu nightmare has had a huge impact on this, but as this a major expense for me, and most prob a one off holiday, i really do not want to come away from it feeling i paid way over the odds, and i am already beginning to feel like that. Its not a nice feeling.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

We also booked through Thomson's last August for Sensatori, went the whole hog upgraded seats on the flights etc paid almost £5000.00 for two adults and one 8 year old, we could go on the same holiday now for £3400.00, realy p****d off supposed to be leaving on 19th June, saying supposed to because still not received tickets, but Thomsons still claiming that they have not cancelled any flights, they actualy say, that no flights at all have been cancelled from anywhere in UK due to under occupancy, what a bare faced lie ehh! I told them to read the messages on this forum to find out what is realy happening!!!

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

you could all look into chaning hotels then changing back 2 changes should cost about £70 each passenger thus you might still get some money back. Risk is that while you are doing this the hotel gets full.

dorset
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

fragile, price today for my 2 weeks is £1516, we paid £1739, so thats £669 less (there are 3 of us), but the cancellation fee is £200 pp, so i lose £600 straight away, so its a no goer for me! My option is to change hotel, but the alternative cheaper hotels do not rate very highly on TA and i personally do not like the look of them from the photos. Hotels that are in the same league as the Sensatori are way more expensive. Its all very frustrating.

dorset
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sensatori - Good prices with Thomson

kate...can understand your really peed off, so would i be! you say you are supposed to be flying out on the 19th June, that a Friday, i didn't realise there were Friday flights?. I know there is a lot of confusion on the Tuesday flights, all of which seem to have been cancelled, again with Thomsons denying this.