We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Today at SSS

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Riverside...
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Today at SSS

We got here Saturday and have just been pleased about everything.Most people congregate around the main pool daily because there are two bars available and the lunch restaurant, but every building has a pool.Food has been very good at each restaurant for dinner with each having a very eclectic menu very creative and not mainstream at all. Wearing long pants has not been an issue as most of the restaurants are inside and air conditioned. They rotate one of the 5 inside restaurants to be closed and the same with the 2 outside by the pool. Service for us has been good if not outstanding. Someone in an earlier post said something about a noisy generator, that is from next door at Sensatori and not an issue with the room doors closed. Floaties are an issue as some people are hoarding them and not sharing at all. We are in building 4 with an ocean view,but we are rarely there. So while it's nice to say ocean view we really take advantage of it either. We have had turn down service every night except the 1st night and last night they passed by at 9:30 for that, kinda late I think. This is not a place where you will spend time in the ocean water!!! Too rocky and lots of seaweed despite the tractors every morning grading the sand. I miss that part of being ocean side. If you need money for tips, ask your pool server and they get it from the bartenders. Today I gave $20 bill to my server and she gave me lots of $1 bills. I tipped her of course for the service. Workers here really try hard to please you and will do most anything for you. The nicest thing about being here is meeting all the great people from all across the country and Europe. People really talk to one another, at the pools, restaurants and the bars where people congregate for late night chats before the shows.I have been rambling trying to get some info in before we go to dinner, but one last thing. I don't ever eat dessert but my wife and other people say the chocolate souffle at the Mexican Restaurant is to die for. It takes 20 minutes to prepare so order it when you are seated. This has been so far a very quiet resort during the day, no loud music blaring, not many loud boisterous people but lots of activities if you desire. The loudest activity so far has been the pool aerobics at noon. Ok I know I said one last thing but I just remembered. No one has been denied service for wearing jeans nor had it been made an issue! But it does like nice with most guys wearing slacks and the ladies in nice dresses. Hope this helps some of you to prepare. I will try to post something tomorrow if it occurs to me.

Sauce94

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Today at SSS

Thanks for the post rsauce. You paint quite a good picture - especially compared to the latest review!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Today at SSS

Sauce94...

Thanks for taking the time to do a LIVE FROM! It really does help those who are coming down!

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Today at SSS

Looks like they have more restaurants open this week which is a good sign that things may be getting back to normal. Is Desires Night Club open yet? It looked like a great place to gather and I was really disappointed that it wasn't open at all during our stay.

Have a great time!

Farmington Hills, MI
Level Contributor
88 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Today at SSS

Could you tell me if they offer yoga at the resort? Thanks.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Today at SSS

They hace a daily yoga class outside in the AM.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Today at SSS

Hi there I agree with erm10 about the latest review they didnt paint a very good picture.Iam glad to here your take on the place sounds alot better.we are going in Oct and got a great deal on this resort I was starting to regret picking this place when I could have gotten one for the same price that I have been to before and loved,but we thought we would try this resort because Secrets resort are suppose to be the best.A question how are the rooms numbered?Per building?We have a map but it only says building 26 for 4 buildings etc.Have a great time!

Riverside...
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Today at SSS

Yoga at 9 am poolside, Desires is open but not heavily used. Buildings are numbered counter-clockwise from the right looking at the ocean.Buildings 3 and 4 are closest to the main pool. We had a massage offer we couldn't refuse today. A free 5 minute massage by the pool to entice you to take a 2 for 1 Swedish of Deep tissue massage plus use of all the spa facilities. Cost was $130 and we felt it was well worth it. For a change we had lunch at the buffet and were really surprised at how good the food was and the number of choices. All kinds of salads, burgers, pizza's and other main dishes. You can eat there in your swim suit and cover-up as long as you are not wet. Some enterprising folks brought in lounge chair towels and got around it that way. Lots of new people in today as the 4-5 day specials ended and a new batch of visitors arrived. For the second time this week we have had vendors by the pool at night selling the typical tourist stuff, it might save you a trip into town by buying here, also a cigar vendor inside by the bar with some expensive cigars. Cohiba's for $75 dollars apiece as well as other less expensive ones. The resort store has limited items but you can get sunscreen, shampoo and other sundry items.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Today at SSS

Have you walked down the beach at all? Curious to find how far down you actually need to be in order to swim.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Today at SSS

about 1/2 mile north, you will see some diving boats tied up. Just past the new construction going on, you can wade in pretty far in chest high water. If you get to the nude resort you went to far.

10. Re: Today at SSS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 06:16