We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Botanical Gardens

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Botanical Gardens

We're hoping to make a trip to the botanical gardens during our trip. Has anyone been there, and if so, how is it? Will there be any taxis (or ways to call a taxi) once we are ready to leave? Are there tour guides there? Also, does anyone know how far it is from the Azul Sensatori?

Thanks!

New England
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Botanical Gardens

I can answer some of your questions. We went there in March and just wandered around ourselves. It was almost deserted, but we enjoyed it thoroughly. We saw countless iguanas and there were some interesting Mayan living quarters. The trails are clearly marked and we never felt like we would get lost. When we were done, we returned to the office and they called a taxi for us. That took about ten minutes to come. I understand that one of the hurricanes did a lot of damage there, but I would recommend it nevertheless.

Taxi ride? Twenty minutes perhaps.

Boston
Level Contributor
146 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Botanical Gardens

We went in April via taxi from PM town square. Unless you enjoy botany and iguanas, I’d skip it. We had to wait 30 minutes for a return taxi in the mid day heat. :) The taxi drivers won't wait around like at some other sites. Wasn’t the most enjoyable experience. But that’s just my opinion.

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Botanical Gardens

Cost is 70 pesos. We recommend this place for people really interested in plant life. Kids would prefer Crococun.

It is also a good place to see birds and there are (wild) monkeys that come into the area most afternoons.

You should be able to get a taxi for the return trip easy enough if they call for you. There are many, many taxis in Puerto Morelos...or you could start walking down the road and wave one down.

Rob

Alma Libre Bookstore

4. Re: Botanical Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 05:18