We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SSS Room and packing questions

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
760 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
SSS Room and packing questions

Hello Everyone,

I hope you can help me and adswer a few questions about what is included with the room and what we should pack. We booked the "Super Saver" room so will probably end up with the lowest room in terms of ammentities.

Questions:

- Should I bring small speakers for my ipod or is there a doc in the room?

- Is there a DVD player in the room or an input to connect the laptop to the TV with the proper cables?

- Is the room smelly? should I bring a candel?

- Are there a lot of mosquitos on the balcony that will require mosquito coils or citronella candels?

I plan to pack

- Necessary clothing

- sunblock

- Pool floats (I've read too much about the float hogs and I don't want to deal with the type of people that cannot share)

- Water shoes

- Bug Spray

- Gym gear

- Camera

- Ipod

- books and magazines

Am I missing anything major or overpacking?

Thanks!!!

-

Indianapoilis
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: SSS Room and packing questions

There are connections on your TV for your Ipod dock so that you can play your Ipod through the TV speakers and the speakers in the bathroom.

DVD/CD player is in the room. Leave your laptop at home, I never was able to connect through the wired connection and even just signing onto Windows my computer acted very weird. Wouldn't accept my password until like the 10th time of trying EVERYTIME I tried to sign on. Once back home, it was fine....weird!

The room is NOT smelly but it definitely has a "smell" to it. My friend noticed it immediately and found it unappealing but after being in the room for about 1/2 hour she didn't notice it at all. If you are sensitive, bring a candle.

Mosquitos and bugs are not an issue unless you get upgraded to a swim-out room on the first floor. Just beyond your patio is grass that leads to the pool. That grass is naturally a BUG FARM. I was very HAPPY with my Super Saver Jr. Suite on the 4th floor. We were high enough that we didn't have privacy issues, bug issues and we had a great view across the grounds.

Other things you may want to take:

Pool bag to tote sunscreen, keys, money, etc. to the pool.

SOME tip money..tips are included but a dollar here and a dollar there goes along way and makes the hard working staff smile.

HAT!!!!! Unless you want to wear sunscreen in your hair you will NEED the protection. My poor scalp flaked for a good week after I was home.

Make sure, if you are traveling with a man, that he has PANTS FOR DINNER. I know that sounds crazy but a couple we met there actually brought NO PANTS and had to buy them at the resort.

Indianapoilis
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: SSS Room and packing questions

By the way, as far as room ammenities, ALL ROOMS ARE THE SAME!! The Preferred Club rooms have upgraded ammenities but don't worry about being in the lowest level room. We were too and had no worries!!

Indianapoilis
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: SSS Room and packing questions

another thought...hehehehe

We brought insulated mugs and the bartenders put our drinks directly into them. Our frosty drinks stayed frozen for much longer in the hot Mexican sun. Lots of people commented on what a good idea it was. Otherwise its almost impossible to keep ice in drinks.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
760 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SSS Room and packing questions

nchar - Thanks so much for all of your wonderful comments and suggestions. We have the beer coozies packed but I never thought about adding insulated mugs to the mix. I loke my frozen drinks frozen and insulated mugs will help keep them that way!

If I bring my ipod do I need to bring the cable that connects it to my car or is there any actual docking station?

Thanks for everything! We're so excited to be in MEXICO!!!

Indianapoilis
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: SSS Room and packing questions

Hey there is no dock or cords. Rumor has it that, if asked, the concierge will provide these things, but I didn't leave it to chance, I brought my own cords. Don't need a dock for the Itouch, just the cords.

Toronto
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SSS Room and packing questions

On our last few vacations, we've been bringing our extra large "Bubba Kegs" available at Canadian Tire, which as stated earlier, keep your drinks cold and since they hold much more, you'll spend more time sunnin' than waiting for a refresh.

I always bring a small candle, you never know if the room will be a bit musty - always common in humid vacation spots.

I also always bring a few munchies to snack on in the room like licorice, granola bars, gummie bears... things that won't melt.

Putting a few first aid items in a plastic baggie has always been handly... a couple of bandaids, polysporin,afterbite, allery and stomach pills, aspirin etc. I can't count how many times I've given something from this bag to other travellers who didn't want to pay through the nose in the gift shops.

Santa Cruz,Ca
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SSS Room and packing questions

I always bring a small clutch or wristlet bag, to put my key, a few dollars for tips and a lipstick when I go out for the evening. I found most of my dresses do not have pockets and the last thing you want to carry is your normal handbag (which for me is very large).

Indianapoilis
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: SSS Room and packing questions

DebbiSanta,

Good advice! I had to get really creative and ended up using a purple Crown Royal bag that I had my costume jewelry packed in....classy, hun? lol

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: SSS Room and packing questions

You got some good advice.

Definately heed the travel pharm pack idea. Imodium, Advil, Tylenol, some sinus meds, band-aids, cotton swabs, tweezers, etc. You never know what will happen and it is better to pay $5-6 at home v. $10-12 at the resort.

No I-pod dock in the standard rooms. They are in the prefered club rooms. Bring the standard A/V cable for your i-pod. You don't need a specific doc.

DVD/CD player in room works well. We packed a few movies along for the ride. We didn't bring a lap top. They have 4 computers available near the main entrance. You may have to wait to jump on one, but it was never very long.

The room does have a different smell to it... but we always bring candles with us to these type of resorts. My wife loved having them lit when she was sitting in the jaccuzi tub. Plus it sets a nice mood.

I had no problems with mosquitos. I am a mosquito magnet. I got bit twice for the week. Normally if I am outside as long as I was I would at least have 20-30 easy. We brought bug spray just in case, but didn't need it.

Bring double the sun tan lotion you think you need. We went through 2 bottles. I was glad a brought more. Their is not a ton of shade at the resort. You spend a lot of time in the sun. Reapply often... and definately bring a hat. My wife stole one of mine early in the trip because she burnt her head.

Camera wise... bring back up batteries. You might get trigger happy and need them.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: SSS Room and packing questions

Hi there last year I took a glade fan plug in to make the room nice and fresh.Also take asprins,benadrel,and a travel first aid kit.Have fun!