We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DRC back down to No. 4

dorset
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
DRC back down to No. 4

Notice ERC is back at the top, with DRC dropping to no.4.

I think in all fairness this is a much more realistic rating, as the place is so new. Not quite sure how it jumped to no.1 so quickly in the first place. I think we all loved it when it happened, but i actually think too much attention is given to TA ratings.

Georgia
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DRC back down to No. 4

Perhaps the initial good reviews that put the resort to number one came when occupacy wasn't that high. There seems to be some problems the times they were at, or near 100%. But then what are the criteria for TA ratings? Seems subjective to me. The reported "problems" reccent guests are having are not about smelly water, or other maintainance/ mechanical shortcomings like in the begining. The complaints are about service issues when a lot of guests.are on site. Maybe there needs to be more employees, or pool chairs, lounges, etc. And how well these issues get resolved will probably affect the ratings. Personnally I have been looking at reviews and comments about this resort well before it opened. By using TA and Facebook I have a good idea of what to expect and how it will affect DW and mine's vacation. We still are excited about going and the "issues" really won't affect us very much. A lot of what's reccently negatively reported happens at all resorts imo.

dorset
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DRC back down to No. 4

Spot on.

Criteria for TA ratings? Well there arn't any really, this is TA world, look at how long hotels have been open, figure out roughly how many people have vacationed there during that period, then look at how many reviews that have been posted. Its not rocket science is it.

This is TA world and these are the ratings according ONLY to the people that choose to post here in TA world.

In the big scheme of things, they are actually in the monority.

If only people would stop using it as their bible to the greatest holiday ever.

dorset
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DRC back down to No. 4

oops, minority.

Chicago
Level Contributor
92 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DRC back down to No. 4

Pygmy, I'm glad to hear you are still excited! I just returned yesterday and I can assure you there is nothing to fear or get nervous about.

TA and Facebook are valuable to me so that I can understand what to expect...good and bad...so I can plan accordingly. For example, my one disappointment was the dismal nightlife (it really was nonexistent). But even if I had known that before I went it wouldn't have changed my decision to book DRC. I might have just brought along some DVDs to watch in our room!

Go and enjoy!

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DRC back down to No. 4

Lola,

Tami Pruitt is at Dreams Riviera Cancun right now. She just posted on Facebook and said it is wonderful!!

dorset
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DRC back down to No. 4

Hi Kimlo! I have no worries about this place, it looks awsome!

I am a big facebook user and log on everyday to check the latest news.

There does seem to been a lot of negativity of late, but when you have been to the Sensatori and suffered the relentless and outrageously negative reviews (unjustified IMO) then its like water off a ducks back.

I like to use these sites for useful & helpful information, a lot of what you read isn't.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,405 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DRC back down to No. 4

See link below which explain how the PI on TA works:

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/how_does_the_populari…

Please note is takes into consideration lots of information outwith TA

8. Re: DRC back down to No. 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 05:17