We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upgrade at erc

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
upgrade at erc

hi folks merry christmas to all.

planning my next trip to erc. looking at upgrade to excellence club booking here from uk is very expensive. what i would like to know is can you tell me what i might be expected to get it for at reception or will it still be very expensive.

also for those traveling from the uk who is the best airline thomas cook or thomson have been twice before but flew with first choice who were excellent. your views would be much appriciated.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: upgrade at erc

Hi

You may well find it cheaper to upgrade direct with the resort but the price will depend on when you are travelling and occupancy as well as the room type. The other thing you need to take into account is that the price will most likely be in $US so you will have to watch currency exchange moves

Personally, I would e_mail the resort direct and ask them for a price

As far as airlines are concerned we rate Thomson above Thomas Cook. Please note the Thomson and First Choice have now merged and that the seat pitch will all three carriers is the same now and is IMHO quite adequate without the need to upgrade to premium

London, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: upgrade at erc

Hi, I'm at ERC at the moment and can offer my opinions on some of your questions.

Occupancy is fairly low at the moment, around 50% but this can move around by +/- 20% overnight. For upgrades to the club, my opinion is that for the money it isn't worth it. Through my travel agent (caribbean warehouse) it was an extra $185 a night, direct with the resort it is $220 a night !! The rooms are exactly the same, apart from a few things, these are - 1. You get a 42" LCD TV

2. You have a few bottles of spirits in the room, in an all inclusive resort this isn't a big deal.

3. You will probably get a better view, i.e. sea view etc.

4. Access to the club lounge, beach and pool, again not something that I personally find a step up in terms of experience.

5. Better room service menu, but if you want something not listed on there, they will do it 9 times out of 10.

We flew with Thomson, and upgraded to premium (£170 per person for return trip) I personally I thought it was worth it, and as FFM has already mentioned the link with First Choice, our aircraft was a First Choice flight.

This place is a great resort, I'm quite a fussy bugger and so far I'd give it 9/10.

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: upgrade at erc

thanks for the replys guys

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: upgrade at erc

grillock

Glad you are having a great time

If you have time try and start a live from thread

Dana Point...
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: upgrade at erc

I got the up grade for 725.00 for 7 nights, SWEET

6. Re: upgrade at erc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2010, 05:20