We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charities at Sensatori Azul

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Charities at Sensatori Azul

The Signature/Thompson reps work with local charities and will pass along any items you wish to donate. If you attend the orientation session they will likely explain the idea.

I wish we would have known before we left because i would have packed some items purposely to leave behind (shoes, clothes, feminine products...)

Unfortunately luggage weight restrictions limit how much we can take, but again had i known, i could have packed a few extra pounds of gently used items to leave behind.

I think it's a great idea and felt it important to pass along.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charities at Sensatori Azul

Thanks for posting this we are travelling to the resort in October this year and will do the same do they look for both adult and child clothes. I always at the end of season have many childs clothes that I know will not fit my daughter the following year so this would ensure they go to a worth while cause.

thank you again

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charities at Sensatori Azul

There is only one local charity for Puerto Morelos - El Mundo Para Puerto Morelos is a registered charity - see more at www.emppm.com

Medical supplies, educational assistance all welcome

There is also the charity bazaar on March 13th where anything will help

Signature/Thompson probably work with Cancun charities certainly not local

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charities at Sensatori Azul

Our signature rep showed us an article about this, it was called something like "city of god" or "city of gold" etc..

We left bug spray, sun screen, sandals etc but he told us they will take anything that is still useful. They also donate a few days wage to this charity.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charities at Sensatori Azul

thanks for this will ensure to pack a few extra things.

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charities at Sensatori Azul

I don;t know what that charity is and I live here and work in a charity. It is not a local charity maybe it is one from Cancun, you should find out where it is based and where the goods are going

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charities at Sensatori Azul

Catinmexico

I clicked on your website and would plan to drop off things at mamas bakery is that correct. I believe the resort is not too far

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Charities at Sensatori Azul

Cat;

Have you received any new lists from what is needed regarding medical supplies? We have a ridiculous luggage allowance and I would love to bring some donations with us. I work in a medical clinic so I can probably get some

donations from our suppliers but I would need a list to send to them.

Thanx in advance!

Liss

8. Re: Charities at Sensatori Azul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2010, 04:16