We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool ny
Level Contributor
819 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

My review is done and should be up soon. Any questions? We had horrible weather! The place is great!

Bismarck arkansas
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

Did you do platinum?What builing were you in?

liverpool ny
Level Contributor
819 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

No, we didn't do Platinum and I am glad because one of the perks of the club is that they reserve beach beds for you daily and we could only use the beach one day. We were in building 17 which was very nice!

Bismarck arkansas
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

Thank you i hate that the weather was bad,but hope that did not spoil vacation.We will be there june 3-june 10 a little nervous,but excited never done all inclusive before or been to mexico other than cozymel on cruise

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

What's the name of the dive company at El Cid?

Any idea what the diving is like in October?

liverpool ny
Level Contributor
819 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

Hey Xrayman: I don't think you need to be nervous. Are you going as a couple or a family? That may make a difference. I have heard in good weather it can be difficult to get lounge chairs but obviously we did not have to worry about that--LOL! The food was good. Now keep in mind that there are a lot of kids there! You will see my review soon and if you have questions after reading that, I will try to help!

liverpool ny
Level Contributor
819 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

Gailib: I am sorry, I don't know the name of the Dive Company at ElCid. I don't dive and even if I did, there was no diving the week I was there! Sorry!

Bismarck arkansas
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

We have a 10 year old.We will be traveling with my parents also.Our perfect vacation is laying on beach or at pool doing nothing.

liverpool ny
Level Contributor
819 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

xrayman: your 10yr old will have a blast! As long as there are no issues getting lounge chairs, I think this is the best family resort. Very clean, great service, great food! You will definitely have better weather than us!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
301 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

Hey Suzie,

Glad you had fun,sorry about the weather.Building 17,which we will be in in exactly one week,is awesome!

I was in that last year and it was nice.....being close to the marina was cool also,love boats!

As you stated,parents with children will have no problem relaxing.....the pool jump is a big hit with kids and for the younger kids the staff really look after them.

Thx for the info and of course looking forward to your review.

Danny

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Back from El Cid-- Any ?

Thank you for posting Susiet. Sorry the weather didn't cooperate better!

We'll be there in June w/an 11yr old and 15yr old so it sounds like they'll really enjoy it. A bit worried about the lounge chair situation since we won't have Platinum and can't seem to get any advice on capacity levels in June. Oh well sounds like it will still be awesome.

Did you get to do any excursions? Will you be posting reviews of those?

Thanks!