We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
477 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

What are the major differences between the two resorts. Is one nicer than the other? Considering to go with my wife, and boys ages 4 and 10. Which would have the following:

Better beach

Snorkeling off the beach

Larger Rooms

Food

Kids club

Thanks for your help!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

http://www.nowresorts.com/

Hi there! Have you seen their new website? i am not finding any reviews yet on either one under their new names.

NOW Jade does have a facebook fan page and I would imagine that NOW Sapphire will have one too soon. There are a lot of comments and pics on the face book fan page for NOW jade.

The both recently transitioned from other properties to the NOW brand which is an AMResorts brand.

www.amresorts.com

I am hoping to visit them both when I am in Mexico in September and will be watching for reviews and pics of both.

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

New York
Level Contributor
477 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

Thanks so much for your response. I will check out the link and their Facebook profiles.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
317 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

The NOW Sapphire was Paradisus Riveria Cancun until a couple weeks ago. We went there in March (see my review). Maybe you can look up the Paradisus and see reviews of rooms/gardens, etc. The only thing that would probably change would be the non-physical attributes of the hotel.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

waitingforvacation.....I would agree with jppalooza....the one clear way of comparing is looking at the pics of each. I have never been to the Paradisus, but it looks awesome. The other thing you could assume is that it will offer similiar amenities as other AMresorts. That is one of the things I love about AMresorts props is the consistency of quality at all of them. We are going to NOW Jade Riviera Cancun in 28 days. I will be posting a review and pics when I come home.

Of course, nothing I post is in BaltoBabe's league....she is the queen of Live Froms!

Happy travels,

Prize

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

We checked out of Paradisus the day before the announcement was made - it was our second visit there.

The resort is immaculate and impeccably maintained. I hope that AMResorts does not homogenize it but rather invests in it to make it even better. We stayed in Royal Service Ocean Front rooms both visits (true ocean front rooms) and I will be interested to see if Preferred Club keeps the adult only designation which IMO is a real plus for those who prefer their vacation to be mostly kid free. That was one of the special things about Paradisus, the resort within a resort feel of Royal Service.

Rooms are large and well appointed with comfortable beds. Food was good in all the restaurants and service was as well.

I am headed back in late October and will be interested to see the changes.

Edited: 07 May 2010, 16:47
New York
Level Contributor
477 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

Thank you again for all the responses. I am wondering how Amresorts is positioning NOW vs. Dreams. I was considering going to Dreams, but alway looking to stay in the new places...

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

We visited Dreams Riviera Cancun while at Paradisus. It is quite glitzy with a stunning main lobby but the resort felt quite packed in on the property. Paradisus is really spread out with lush gardens and has such a tropical feel.

I can see where some would prefer the newness of DRC but we were happy to go back to Paradisus.

New York
Level Contributor
477 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

Thank you for the responses. We would most likely would be heading out next year during one of the school break weeks, and I noticed the comments for Dreams Riviera Cancun were somewhat negative, with very long waits at dinner. It sounds like they are still working out the kinks. The NOW Sapphire does sound nice. Is it near the reef, and can you snorkel off beach?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

Hi Waiting!

I will be visiting all of the Dreams and both of the NOWs while I am there in September. While there I will be doing LIVE FROM threads here and on Facebook with pics and videos sharing my thoughts about each.

Keep an eye out and feel free to contact me with any questions while I am there as I am always happy to try to get answers and post pics of what folks are looking to see.

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

CG, sorry I'll be missing you...I see you will be there in October. I always enjoy meeting forum friends from TA or FB.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Now Jade Riviera Maya vs Now Sapphire Riviera Maya

BB.....I just love your "Live from" posts, and all the pictures you post. You posted about 500 pics of your recent trip to Secrets, didn't you? Thanks for sharing your vacation!

Prize : )