We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best all inclusive, adult only resort?

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois City...
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best all inclusive, adult only resort?

Any suggestions? And it doesn't necessarilly need to be in Puerto Morelos.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best all inclusive, adult only resort?

i'm sure you'll get a few responses. We just booked Secrets Maroma and it gets wonderful reviews here on tripadvisor.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best all inclusive, adult only resort?

This is strictly a matter of opinion, but my vote also goes for Secrets Maroma Beach. My husband, on the other hand, loved Excellence Riviera Cancun the best. We both disliked the Grande but love the other Iberostar resorts (not adult only).

I've also heard good things about Secrets Capri.

Happy travels,

Beechluver

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: best all inclusive, adult only resort?

Thanks for the info... I think Excellance is awesome, that is where we honeymooned. And we would like a place just like that.. only we want to check out a new resort. And we probably will not be able to spend as much :(

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
767 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best all inclusive, adult only resort?

I think that the Grand and LeBlanc are nicer than Secrets Maroma by a decent margin. We had a nice stay at SMB but LeBlanc and the Grand were a lot more luxurious, IMO.

If you like a large selection of beer, the Grand has 20 types to choose from, a large selection of included wine that you can order by the bottle (you can order bottles at LeBlanc as well) while SMB only has wine by the glass. The cocktails were also MUCH better at LeBlanc and the Grand than SMB as was the food and the service.

Tha grounds at the Grand are larger, more lush and nicer than SMB as are all the facilities. I also liked the Grand's pools a lot more than SMB.

LeBlanc is an exceptional AI as well and has the best service I've received anywhere.

Ramsey, Minnesota
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best all inclusive, adult only resort?

Hi, there is a great one but its in playa del carmen which is a fantastic place.The resort is called The Royal.Check it out,the picts dont do it justice.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best all inclusive, adult only resort?

"LeBlanc is an exceptional AI."

I agree! It's the best adult only resort I have stayed in so far in this area.

I enjoyed Secrets Capri but overall it cannot compare to LeBlanc. We preferred The Grand to EPM in almost every aspect of our stay but still prefer LeBlanc over The Grand.

My next trip I intend to stay at El Dorado Maroma. I prefer small resorts and I visited there last month and thought it was just lovely.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: best all inclusive, adult only resort?

Are you referring to the Grand Occidental? And Royal Hideaway?

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best all inclusive, adult only resort?

I believe they are talking about Iberostar Grand Paraiso and The Royal Playa del Carmen.

I would also throw Grand Velas into the mix. Not adults only but has an adults only section and an adults only pool. Gets rave reviews here on TA.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best all inclusive, adult only resort?

No more adults only section at GV unfortunately but absolutely a top notch AI resort. I have never stayed anywhere that came close.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best all inclusive, adult only resort?

Caviar,

Really??? They changed that??? Is there still an "adults only" pool??