We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from EL CID!!

Levittown...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Back from EL CID!!

We got home yesterday from 8 days at El Cid. I'd be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability!

Manitoba
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from EL CID!!

Was the hotel fully booked?? Did you have trouble getting chairs at the pool or beach?? Going in 16 days for 2 weeks, can't wait

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from EL CID!!

Settle a bet:

Is it windy there all the time?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
46 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from EL CID!!

Did you upgrade to Platinum, and if not, when were you able to make your reservations for the ala cart restaurants?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from EL CID!!

I returned from El Cid May 5th and can tell you the hotel is approx. 70% full and you will no problem getting chairs by the pool or at the beach,even palpalas will easy to get.Enjoy,we miss it!

Levittown...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from EL CID!!

Beach_Olli, it was not fully booked and it showed! on the weekend, there was a few more people but it was nice and quiet during the week! We were in Building 18 and we had no problem at all getting to the pool or the beach! Always got a perfect seat where ever we choose to relax at!

Levittown...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from EL CID!!

Gailieb, there were a few days that the wind was strong but it didn't stay like that the whole day.

Levittown...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from EL CID!!

7lenny7, we did not upgrade to platinum. Making reservations to the restaurants was no problem! we only had to make 3 reservations the whole time since reservations aren't required all the time for some.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
46 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from EL CID!!

Thanks for the info! We contemplated upgrading to Platinum for our June trip but we would have had to also upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite to the tune of $140/night. Not gonna happen. Really, our only concern was getting chairs and getting decent times for our a la carte reservations.

Levittown...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from EL CID!!

Alot of the people staying at the resort while we were there choose later times to eat. Most of the restaurants open at 6/6:30 for dinner, which we choose for the most part. Platinum would have been nice but paying more money is something we didn't need.

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from EL CID!!

What kind of ,if any music do they play during the day?

Did the food get boring after 8 days? We're going for 2 weeks in October.

T.I.A.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos