We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el dorado royale

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
el dorado royale

we are going on 3rd june. can anyone tell us how much the taxi fare is to cancun and playa del carmen. also is there a passenger bus stop nearby to pickup to go to these areas?

Witham, Essex, UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el dorado royale

Oh my goodness! Are you flying out with Thomson/First Choice?? If so so are we to the EDR!!! What room have you booked? We are in a swim up Casita and just cannot wait!

Taxi i think (am sure someone will clarify) 20-25USD each way to both places. We are either going to use the free shuttle or get a cab. Have never seen anything mentioned about a nearby bus stop, but getting onto the main road from EDR looks like a mission itself on google maps, but I may be wrong :-)

If you are flying Thomson/FC do you know how the taxi transfer works to get to the resort? Will there be someone with a board and our names?

Have a FAB holiday!!!

xxx

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: el dorado royale

HI, yes we are with First Choice flying out on Thomsons. We have been Mexico before but stayed in Cancun. When you get to the airport there will be guys with signs saying Eldorado Royale or a board. Dont be fooled by the guys the time share guys that usher you over to their little kiosk first when you come out . We are not stayin in Casita's,can't afford that. Looked pricey. We have a Junior Suite ocean view. Thanks for reply on taxi fare. I have read all sorts of different reviews on what people pay. One said it was 40us dollars each way and thats extortionate!!!! Have a wonderful time.

Dartford, England
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: el dorado royale

Hi Maryland,

If you are out from Gatwick then we are also on the same fight but 2 weeks after you - sorry to say you'll probably be returning home on the flight we arrive on, but I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time while you're there.

We have also booked an ocean view room as you have, can I ask if have you emailed to request a particular block or room location? Looking at the site map, blocks 41 to 43 look in a good position? This is our second time to Mexico, we stayed at the Iberostar Tucan during our last visit in PDC and had a great time. If you visit PDC, 5th Ave is great in the evening to chill and people watch at the local bars. many bars had live music playing. I would certainly recommend at least on evening out of the resort - shopping is good there too for Tee's and gifts etc. I have read that El Dorado operate a free bus to PDC and Cancun but they are very popular so book soon after you arrive!

We may try a day trip over to Cozumel island this time? The ferry leaves on a regular basis from the pier at PDC, but if you decide do this one try to avoid the days when the Cruise ships are plentiful.

Have a great holiday

Regards Bergy

Old Forge...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: el dorado royale

Im Kim we are going June 2 to edr in a oceanfront jac suite we are from scranton pennsylvania. Hope to see you there. Im trying to find a map of the resort so I can request a certain area but unable to locate one.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: el dorado royale

Hi kimi!

We're from Avoca. Hahaha! Just returned from our 4th trip to EDR. Fabulous resort. Can I hop in your suitcase??

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: el dorado royale

kimidat630: Here are 2 links for a map of EDR – guess the image could not be fit into one. I am sure there are better images but this was the best I could come up with before our trip. You will have to adjust your internet software to make the images bigger though.

www.wildtraveldeals.com/images/edr_map_1.jpg

www.wildtraveldeals.com/images/edr_map_2.jpg

Edited: 24 May 2010, 18:13
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: el dorado royale

Here is a more up to date resort map. It's a PDF file so you may have to upgrade your Adobe if it doesn't open for you.

http://exotictravelers.com/docload.ashx?File=ExoticCMS\Downloads\MAP_ROYALE_septiembre_09.pdf

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: el dorado royale

Holababy – thanks for posting that link. I wish I had it before we left – I was always switching between IE tabs with those other two images I was using.

I also wish I found this forum before I left for our trip too – I was posting in the Cancun forum and received limited responses to questions there so I remembered my buddy Flip had travelled to EDR so I started asking him questions. Of course I found this forum when we returned and realized this is where the experienced EDR travelers hang out - Then my toast fell to the floor butter side down and the barn door was closed after the horse bolted - always the way :-)

I will keep your map for next time – thanks.

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: el dorado royale

Hi

We have not requested a specific block. We just hope we are in a lovely room in a good location. Some of the reviews have not been good but i go with an open mind.

Will def fo to pdc. We have booked a trip through cancun-discounts to go to Isle Mujures. We went there before and loved it. We will probably get a taxi into cancun rather than rely on the hotel shuttle as it only goes on certain days and you then need to keep to a schedule time in order to catch the shuttle back. Hope you have a great time. I cant wait to be there. I intend to use the gym at the resort but have no idea what it is like!!!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: el dorado royale

hey

we fly june 19th with firstchoice/thomson from manchester!

cant wait! see you all there

xxxx