We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sterling to peso

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
sterling to peso

hi all .

i have heard that you will get a better exchange rate at the hotel than here in the uk for changing pounds into peso. do you know if this is true i will be staying at excellence in oct. the best i can get here is with tesco about 18.7 . dont need a huge amount but like to head into the town a few times. any advice would be great

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sterling to peso

I was there last week and my hotel was offering 18 pesos per pound, with no fees etc. However, I drew out cash from the cashpoint (HSBC) and although I can't remember the exact exchange rate it was around 19.6 per pound. When I was here, the best exchange rate I found was from a website called ICE, who are currently offering 19.2 per £.

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sterling to peso

thanks for that i looked up web site and it is offering 19.2 a better deal than tesco . i will go with that . good to know i can get money at atm and not get ripped off, thanks for quick reply

Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sterling to peso

I got mine from ICE last week and got 19.6. Check out www.travelmoneymax.com for the best deals on the day - most of them deliver next day.

The only trouble you may have changing money at the hotel is if you have scottish money a couple we met last year struggled with places accepting it. Also, check with your bank re any changes for withdrawing money abroad - I'm with the Clydesdale and it'll cost me 3.75% each time I withdraw!!!

Edited: 08 September 2010, 10:15
4. Re: sterling to peso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 05:18