We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sorry but bus info a bit confusing

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
sorry but bus info a bit confusing

Isn't there just a bus for folks to get back and forth to the airport? I would have thought that there would be lots of people living in PM and working at the airport. Isn't there just a city bus or collectivo from the airport rather than the ADO? Isn't ADO like a big Greyhound bus or something? How do people get back and forth? Doesn't it just run up and down the highway stopping at the PM intersection?

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,848 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sorry but bus info a bit confusing

ADo is like greyhound that runs between Cancun and Playa stopping at Puerto Morelos. There is a bus about every 15 minutes and is only 20 pesos between PM and either Cancun or Playa. There is also an airport bus that runs about once an hour and stops in Puerto. There are also collectivos that run up and down the highway between Cancun and Playa and will stop anywhere. Much longer and not nearly as safe or comfortable as ADO

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,848 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sorry but bus info a bit confusing

What is it that you want to do?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sorry but bus info a bit confusing

Simply catch the bus from the airport to the PM intersection. We're staying in town.

Thanks for all the info.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,671 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sorry but bus info a bit confusing

Think they want to go between the airport and PM. If you want a bus, ADO is the only choice. Thats how people get back and forth to the airport. But I wouldnt insult ADO and say "Isn't ADO like a big Greyhound bus or something". Really, I know what you mean but they are much better than Greyhound.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sorry but bus info a bit confusing

I was thinking more along the lines of a bus that locals take - Greyhound, ADO is all the same to me but once I land, I like things to be as unfamiliar as possible!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,671 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sorry but bus info a bit confusing

As far as i know, their is no bus from the airport that the locals take. Many of them use the ADO buses.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,848 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sorry but bus info a bit confusing

If you review the following website things will be as familiar as possible. Always verify the current bus schedule

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
192 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sorry but bus info a bit confusing

The locals here take the ADO bus every single day! That is our bus service up and down the coast. However there is a special bus service to and from the airpott that also goes up and down the highway 307. Look up schedule on the internet.

9. Re: sorry but bus info a bit confusing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2011, 05:15