We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holybaby1

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Holybaby1

Did you do a write-up on EDR?

Was wondering about any changes & etc.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holybaby1

Hi Exray,

No I didn't do an individual write up. There were several people who did write ups the same time I was there - I just added to theirs! Is there anything special you wanted to know that I may be able to answer? Would be happy to help!

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holybaby1

Nothing in mind - except that I was wondering if they have made any changes since I went last (Dec - Jan 10)

Which room did you stay in?

I hear there is construction - is it finished? And what are the building?

Did you go into the new restaurant?

Did you go to the Jungle Bar?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holybaby1

Hi Exray,

We stayed in the Ruby Junior Presidentials the first week there and the 2 bedroom Presidential Villas the second week.

New builds include a new Exotic Members Club that is in the back of Guacamayas bar - super spacious, lots of seating, big screen TV with satellite feed so you get to see all the sports games, open bar, and internet and telephone access. The door into the Club is only accessible by your room card - it's programmed when they give you your card at check-in.

Fuentes was under construction(again!). They had it down to the rafters and were replacing the entire roof including the support struts etc. It was slated to be completed by end of Oct. Needless to say, half the pool was closed along with the swimup bar which made that area very, very quiet! They had a temporary bar set up in the back corner of the pool area where the ceramic painting usually is to serve the people who did go to the pool, but all of the pool activities had been moved to La Isla pool.

They also had at least 2 Casita sections closed for upgrades - those rooms had been taken down to the studs and were being completely reno'd.

D'Italia 2 was closed while we were there this time, but we ate there in Feb. It's very nice and carries the same menu as D'Italia 1. Not everyone knows about it, so if you can't get into D'Italia 1 you can always try there!

They have also started construction on a private residence next to Casita section 32. They say it's being built for a famous Mexican musician, and I believe they are going to try and market it as rentable when the owner isn't there but don't know for sure.

I can't remember when they enclosed the covered pool at Guacamayas but they have made that into the new lounge area and have moved the stage up there which has expanded the bar to twice the size it was before.

They have finished upgrading the Sapphire and Ruby Junior Presidentials in Casita section 32 and were just starting on the Royal Junior Presidential suites in the swimup building # 42 while we were there.

As far as I know the Jungle Bar is still a no-go. Not sure why, but it was mentioned they had concerns about people having a few too many drinks and having issues getting out and back to their rooms safely!

I think that was about it for all the stuff that was going on there - lots of changes since last year that's for sure!!

When do you guys head back??

Edited: 03 November 2010, 23:26
scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holybaby1

Next week for us!!!!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holybaby1

Have a great time Kim!!

I am already wishing I was back there (actually I was wishing that a week after we got back LOL!)

Please Let us know the latest and greatest that's happening there!

Tracey

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holybaby1

Holy ~

Is the new club house just for presidentails or for any exotic members?

How did you like the new Jr. Pres.? The room itself & the amenities?

Actually D'Italia 2 was opened when we were there last but as Kampai's (since it was closed temporarily for upgrades)

And the new lounge was finished right before we arrived too - so they could do all the New Years celebration there (which was super nice)

We are hoping to go in Dec / Jan - but it's not final yet.

But I am dying to go.

KIM - have lots of fun for me!!!

Give us the continued updates.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holybaby1

Exray,

The Clubhouse is for all Exotic members and your key card should be programmed to unlock the door when it's programmed for your room.

The Ruby suites are the Infinity and Swimup Infinity casita's. The Presidential difference is you have an in-room bar with your personal liquor selections as well as the house red or white wine by the bottle.

You also have an extended room service menu along with personal butler service. There is also complimentary wi-fi access but you have to bring your own laptop. There are more amenities that go with it but you can have a look at what's included on the Exotic website.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holybaby1

I never brought a netbook before. Do they have wi fi in the regular casitas?? I'll check the search box. I know people have asked before but can't remember the answer.

Ok, the HOLYBABY thing is killing me. Exray...you crack me up.

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holybaby1

Thanks for all the info!

I love you too Kimlo!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holybaby1

Hey Kim - last I heard wi-fi is supposed to be free of charge from the Casita's but I know they have connectivity issues. It couldn't hurt to bring a device of some sort but since your are staying in the Presidential Casita's you shouldn't have that problem???

Edited: 08 November 2010, 15:35